Jaffe: “60 bucks is a shit ton to ask” for entertainment

Monday, 8th August 2011 07:58 GMT By Brenna Hillier

David Jaffe has explained the delay of Twisted Metal into early 2012 by citing his team’s intention to deliver a value for money product.

“The extra months are really needed for polish and we feel we need more than four to six weeks of polish and tuning., Jaffe commented in a statement published by Examiner.

Although he called it “a bad time to release”, the Eat Sleep Play lead said the end of year release crunch wasn’t the reason for the delay, and that the extra time would allow for multiplayer tuning.

“I assure you, better to be a little annoyed in the short term versus hate us forever for shipping a game that’s not up to your understandably high expectations,” he said.

“Any money is a lot to ask from someone for entertainment. 60 bucks is a shit ton to ask for so if we are going to charge that, you deserve our best… even if it takes a little longer than we anticipated.”

Jaffe gave a few specific examples of areas in need of extra development time, including fine tuning the Iron Maiden boss fight, balancing XP gain, and sorting out pick up plcement in split screen.

“So imagine about 250 of those sorts of things. Could we ship without change a single one? Totally and it would still be a really fun game. But it would not be good enough for us. And certainly not for you,” Jaffe concluded.

Twisted Metal releases exclusively for PlayStation 3 early next year.

Thanks, RipTen.

1. endgame

and yet most ppl pay that amount to play a game. that just shows how incredibly smart they r.

2. Tamo123

I know I am going to sound like an arsehole, but you should really correct your spelling before commenting on an individual’s intelligence.

Like I said, I really didn’t mean to sound like a douche, but you know…

3. onlineatron

I’m not american, I can’t speak to whether stores over there discount their items, but here it’s rare for me to pay full price for a game. Shops tend to have competitive, discount prices, especially when shopping online.

£40 is a lot to pay for entertainment; so I try as hard as I can NOT to pay that much.

4. Phoenixblight

We aren’t that fortunate, its a standard price for the first 6 weeks or so. Of course places like AMazon offer 10-20$ credit AFTER the game is bought.

Agreed.

5. haaah

#2

You’re a moron.
    The word is ‘individuals’.

You spelled it as: Individual’s – which means: Individual is.

Derp.

#5 7 months ago
  6. haaah

Shit – I’m the moron – This thread is 3 years old

#6 7 months ago
  7. Pytox

@6 LOL :D

#7 7 months ago
  8. DrDamn

That and apostrophes can be used to indicate possession and not just omission.

@2 was fine.