Limited Edition Star Wars Kinect Xbox 360 bundle is awesome

Thursday, 21st July 2011 19:09 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Xbox and LucasArts announced at Comic-Con today that limited edition Xbox 360 console with Kinect painted like R2-D2 with C3-PO-gold controller will be up for grabs soon.

The console comes with the Podracing mode featured in the upcoming title Kinect Star Wars, which also means the game is bundled with the game.

It will be out this holiday, and you can pre-order it now at retail. It will run you $449.99.

The Xbox 360 Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars Bundle will include:

• Kinect Star Wars game
  • Custom R2-D2-themed Xbox 360 Console with custom sounds (Hear them (MP3) – > Power on and Tray eject)
  • White Kinect Sensor
  • Custom C-3PO-themed Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
  • 320 GB Hard Drive
  • Xbox 360 Wired Headset
  • Kinect Adventures game
  • Exclusive downloadable content

Pictures of the new bundle are below. Hell, yes. Hell, yes!

Also, Gizmondo has a hands on with it.

1. Psychotext

Ha, I like it. Probably not enough to buy one though. :)

2. Stephany Nunneley

Pics in there now. /faints like a true nerd girl

3. Erthazus

I think it looks amazing and in my opinion thats the best console design. Period. also, the light is blue.

the only problem that the game is CRAP.

4. Hunam

Yeah, seems like the right idea is to buy the bundle and chuck the game lest it ruin your love of Star Wars like everything else Lucasarts has released recently.

5. UuBuU

The controller looks really cool. Not sure i’d want the rest though…

6. KillerDD

Probably US only?

7. Stephany Nunneley

@6 Dunno just yet. I have sent a mail. Oh, I wants it!

/cries because she provably won’t get it.

8. OrbitMonkey

That looks properly pimp innit :D Time to spray paint my ps3 ;)

9. Erthazus

It will run you $449.99 — a PC that can kick so much ass compared to this.

10. Noodlemanny

@3and4 so your saying that a game thats barely been announced which probably and is presumably far from release is pre-determined to be rubbish. I’ll admit that it’s not looking great right now but keep your pessimistic’ness’ at bay and save the me the bitchin.

11. Stephany Nunneley

@9 last time I checked, a Walmart special PC for $450 would barely run Windows 98 let alone a game more graphically pleasing than Chips Challenge!

/joking obviously, don’t troll me

12. Dralen

Haha! I was just gonna say it’s a shame the game isn’t so awesome.

13. fedcba

Microsoft is smart, the Star Wars fan-nerds are dripping in their pants right now.. I own a Kinect already so this doesn’t impress me.. Played the game at E3, it played like shit.. And, I’m sorry that wasn’t alpha code. Microsoft; can i have something worth playing on this damn thing PLEASE!!!

14. Psychotext

An image which isn’t in the set above: http://i56.tinypic.com/2lcmkig.jpg

:D

15. BeLGaRaTh

It would have been so much cooler if the 360 was built into a R2D2 shaped stand. Pity the game is crap though.

16. Stephany Nunneley

@14 OMFG you are kidding me!!!! That’s it. I am living off Ramen for the next 6 months just so I can get this.

17. Ge0force

Star Wars Kinect truly sucks, but this bundle is really cool! Kudos for the designers of this stuff!

18. Lewis247

This is ridiculously epic. DO WANT.

This is a prime example of me still having faith in star wars in terms of being in the gaming industry but the games? Fuck, this games looks to suck balls. LucasArts needs to get its head out it’s ass and go ask the fans what they want in terms of new games because they have no idea how badly they are killing the IP. I fucking love star wars and all I want is battlefront 3 and a new jedi knight.. Instead money was put towards a sequel to a shitty mediocre game called force unleashed and the second was not better at all, still mediocre.

… It hurts me to know that if they would just listen to the fans they would be doing everyone a favor.

19. NiceFellow

Cool console. Game still looks shit – worst example yet of funding stuff to push something (Kinect) despite the fit of game to device being relatively weak.

Much as I like my 360 (and that 360 in particular) I’d still prefer a light-saber game on Wii or Move rather than 360.

20. onlineatron

I have an xbox, I don’t want Kinect, I most certainly do not want Star Wars: Kinect.

BUT HELP ME OBI WAN KENOBI, I WANT THIS SO BAD!!!

21. KillerDD

They really need to release this in the EU! D=

22. The_Deleted

Do. Want!

23. barchetta

Not sure this has a direct bearing on EU availability but the is an ‘Inside Xbox’ video feature on this (with the sfx!) on my UK dashboard now.

24. Hunam

EG just posted that it’s coming to Europe too.

25. DrDamn

There is a vid on Live under one of the advert channels – Insider? – Major Nelson talking about it and some guys talking too enthusiastically about the design details. They demo the sounds too.

It’s a fantastic looking console and really nicely done though. Almost willing my current XBox to RROD :). It is all the wrong colours for the rest of my AV kit though – plus the game looks to be total bobbins.

26. Bellisner

I like the beeps it makes, but what I want to know is if it RROD’s will it make the following sound? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNFH6AMDJes&feature=related

27. Stephany Nunneley

@26 That was awesome! LOL :D

28. DrDamn

Hmmm, Amazon has it up for pre-order at £349.99. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Kinect-Console-Star-Wars/dp/B005DRB89C/ – bit pricey but RRP for 250Gb + Kinect is £299, so comparable given better controller, more HDD and Star Wars game / branding.

Oh, ShopTo have it at £335 (seems £350 is RRP).