Modern Warfare 3′s story will decide the campaign length

Friday, 10th June 2011 05:04 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Infinity Ward’s Robert Bowling has said the developer isn’t concerned with trying to make the single-player campaign any particular length.

“Modern Warfare 3 is big,” Bowling told Gamefront in an interview embedded below. “It has that epic single player campaign and it’s all about taking players places they’ve never been before.

“… Our philosophy on the campaign has always [been] the same. We never set out … to make X hours of game time. We write a story and the story dictates the length.

So – how long will that be then?

“The game’s not finished yet. I can’t say it’s X amount of hours cause we don’t know.”

Rats. However, Bowling did hint that fans won’t be disappointed.

“Coming out of Modern Warfare 2, we did have this very big vision, and a lot of that was a by-product of having the 25, 30 million players that we have.

“So Modern Warfare 3 is about the fans – in every aspect of the game.”

Modern Warfare 3 is due on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in November.

1. macronia

right !!!! like 4 hours MW2 campaign :D , battlefield 3 still rocks

2. JimFear-666

ewww… i hate this douchebag and his game.

3. themadjock

Of course not, who cares on improving the SP experience when you sell record numbers of games to mindless MP sheep.

4. Maximum Payne

@3 It would be great if they add new stuff in MP and not just new maps/guns/perks.

5. ASBI

guys i know u hate COD and like BF , but when it comes to campaign , COD is like no other , and I just compare it to multiplayer based FPSs

6. themadjock

@5 yes and the BF multiplayer is better imho than CoD as well not least because of the greater team aspect and vehicle implementation

7. The Massive Slag

CoD is just another on rails shooter. Big crash, bang, wallop setpieces a la Michael Bay. Everyone rails (pun intended) against ‘on rails’ titles – the hate that poured out for anything that resembled this at E3 – but all these morons playing CoD have been playing on-rails since MW2. Booooring…

8. G1GAHURTZ

This game is HYPE!

What I’ve seen of the campaign so far looks 10/10!

9. Fin

I’VE NOT PLAYED MW3 OR BF3 BUT I CAN DEFINITELY SAY BF3 WILL BE BETTER AND WILL PROBABLY GET GOTY.

10. OrbitMonkey

@9 Ah I get it now, CAPS lock let’s you predict the future!!

Let’s have a go….

BUTTHURT BF FANBOYS CAN’T RESIST BASHING MW!!

Oh wait that’s not a prediction, its a fact. My bad :D

11. themadjock

I got the 5 day online pin for BF: BC2 enough said. I will play battlefield 3 to death and then rent MW3 and laugh as the repetitive frustration death/replay fest begins knowing that I didn’t buy the game.

12. G1GAHURTZ

5 days! LOL!

Ooohhhh… A whole 120 hours!

Pffft!

13. themadjock

@12 Out of interest what have you clocked up?

14. G1GAHURTZ

On BC2?

Hmmm…

About 15-20 hours maybe.

But then, I do play CoD, and have clocked up about 700 or so hours since CoD4 over the different versions.

15. DSB