First news on Soul Calibur reboot teased for next month

Tuesday, 26th April 2011 11:38 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Soul Calibur boss Daishi Odashima has teased that the first news of the fighter reboot may arrive next month.

Odashima, directing the next installment in the series, said yesterday in a tweet that “hopefully I will be able to announce something mid May.”

Namco Bandai announced it was bringing back Soul Calibur at Christmas last year, but hasn’t formally announced in what form the reboot will take shape in.

Not much is known about it other than SC vets Junichi Nakatsuru and Yoshihito Yano are involved, and that it won’t be centered much on Siegfried.

There hasn’t been a main SC title on consoles since 2008 with SCIV on PS3 and 360. The last title in the series was Broken Destiny on PSP in 2009.

1. 2plus2equals5

I bought sc4… worst idea ever.
    No contents, 2 or 3 modes, story mode made of initial and final text and incredibly stupid and non sense dialog pre fight.
    3 thing to do:
    1)no more boobs centric.
    2)more contents, like mortal kombat.
    3)decent story mode.

2. CptKurk

Odashima-san could do with a few lessons on human anatomy.

3. LOLshock94

SOUL CALIBUR is the best fighting IP ever. the 4th was more core but still hardcore for the fans but i hope they go to the roots they did when they made soul calibur 2

im pretty sure they will make it core again but either way its soul calibur and it awesome

4. Zurtech

Hopefully reboot means we’ll get the awesome story mode of soul edge back.

5. horse

The customization in IV was excellent

6. The_Red

I hope they dish the T rating and go for a bloody M rated fighter since it already has all kinds of weapons. Also keep the boobs!

7. osric90

The fantasy set and other on this game are AWESOME. The music is great but having listened to Lords of Shadow’s music, I think it could be a LOT better. A reboot? I don’t think it’s necessary and I hope we still have all the characters we had in previous games, they’re awesome.
    The main problem with SCIV was the lack of content and modes so if the new Soul Calibur can deliver what Soul Calibur II delievered on PS2 it would be awesome but still more secrets, unlockables, extras, customization options, stages (lots of them) weapons (tons of them), more cutscenes (real-time like in Soul Calibur III and IV) and a little, just little more sexiness, well, I’m sure that would do it. About making it a bloody game, I don’t think it’s going to happen as it is totally different to the game’s feeling.

8. xino

just announce it at EEE3 2011 man

9. Gheritt White

Fave 1-on-1 fighter ever – if it adds a tag team mode, count me fuck in!