Rumor: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 patch still 2-3 months away

Thursday, 31st March 2011 10:37 GMT By Nathan Grayson

PC gamers have been extremely vocal about loving Crysis 2 with all their hearts and not wanting anything to change ever, but even so, whispers of a DirectX 11 patch began floating around 0.47 seconds after the game launched.

Some – while optimistic – have proven less than reliable. So, does this majestic mythical e-creature even exist? Apparently, the answer’s still “yes,” but you probably shouldn’t expect it to stroll into your office tomorrow.

Eurogamer‘s spoken with an anonymous source who claimed that the DirectX 11 patch only cranked its nanosuit to MAXIMUM DEVELOPMENT in November 2010. As a result, the source explained, it still won’t be ready for another two or three months.

DirectX 10, however, is apparently not coming along for the ride, as DX11 leaves it in the dust anyway.

But hey, it’s like they say: waiting builds character. Then again, we’d be willing to wager that “they” weren’t PC gamers.

1. G1GAHURTZ

No-one cares about DX11 or PC gamers anyway…

2. TerryWogan

Oof. PC gamer shit storm incoming.

3. absolutezero

Apart from Crytek who are making this, even though the game has shipped and they don’t have to. Even though the beta was pirated to hell and back.

Oh no I’ve been trolled on an internet comment section. OH HO

4. mojo

5. Zarckan

heh I bet those nancy boy PC gamers will all cry now.

6. Kalain

I find it bizzare that DX11 wasn’t in at release. Crytek had the API’s long enough to integrate DX11 into CE3, but yet they decided not too. For what reason, I’ve no idea why unless it was for financial reasons.

Just seems odd that they would hold back something like this from the audience that made them.

7. viralshag

I have Crysis 2 on the PC and I also have a pretty decent set up. I also have no idea what DX11 would do to the game and I’m not even sure I care.

It looks great either way, maybe I’m still too much of a console lover to care about these things. Just to infuriate the “PC Elitists”, I do try to use a controller for as many games on my PC as I can. Mouse and keyboard sucks. :P

8. blackdreamhunk

only proves that crytek are lairs the will only lose fans and potential income that they would have other wise. Companies will lose creditability and respect from consumers. This will hurt future income for the gaming Industry as well as the hardware market for pc’s. It also prove that crytek are great lairs.

your going to see a huge drop in gaming. I can see more game devs going bankrupt in the future. Pc gamers are a lot more loyal to gaming than consoles. When the loyalty is gone the gaming Industry will only have console gamers. If that is the case gaming is going to get stale and more loss of income.

9. Tamo123

As I’ve said before, give me a DirectX 11 patch (that should be been released with the game anyway) and graphical options (we shouldn’t have to use a fan made application) and you’ve got a sale.

Until then, go fuck yourselves Crytek. I’m not interested. I brought all your games up until Crysis 2 and now you’ve whored yourselves out to consoles and shafted the only gaming base that made you great.

F-U-C-K Y-O-U-R-S-E-L-V-E-S.

10. Ge0force

“PC gamers have been extremely vocal about loving Crysis 2 with all their hearts and not wanting anything to change ever”

This was irony I guess? Most pc-gamers complain because of the “consolization” of Crysis 2.

11. sybs

@Tamo123
    Jesus Christ, what’s with that hatred?
    Why the hell do you want it anyway? Just because it’s the biggest NUMBER of directx? The game has pretty much the most advanced graphics of any shooter yet!
    Any why do you want it to have 20 different graphics options? What does that achieve, really?

They’ve already said that the console versions are at the lowest of the 3 detail settings on PC.

12. Tamo123

@sybs

Then you clearly haven’t got a ‘clue’. The game blows, you clearly can’t see the difference. Being able to have COMPLETE control over the graphical options is the flexibility given to a PC gamer, what did we get? Some stupid shit with ‘Hardcore’ buzzwords.

Obviously the consoles are using the lowest settings. But the PC version could do so much more if they let it flourish properly instead of holding it back.

Crysis 2 may ‘look’ good to you people, but underneath the ‘looks’, it’s pure shit. Don’t judge a book by it’s cover. That applies to this game. Crysis looks better than this game.

It achieves a great deal more than what your simple brain could comprehend.

They even added auto-aim and had to remove it due to the shit storm it caused. PC gamers got shafted, end of. Consoles gamers are used to having over priced games that look worse than cheaper PC games counterparts. Console gamers might enjoy putting up with ‘shit’ but we don’t like it.

Go back to your control version and deal with it.

13. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I thought Crytek settled this already stating no DX11 plans on the way, no?

14. Nissanthen

RPS’s Tech Compromise report was really funny, but this so-called news story just seems like pure baiting to me.

15. Big_Boss

@Tamo123 Well said. I’m not as mad about it as you are but the pc gamer base is. All the console pussyfaces dont know what they’re talking about and should go play Crysis2_Low_Rez. Pc gamers got a console version of the game with better graphics. No graphical options, no DX11, dumbed down gameplay, “ultra-mega-awesome” set pieces reminiscent of COD, a game that used to be a sandbox box game is no more. Crysis 2 is dumbed down in so many different ways it is truly an achievement to marvel at. My biggest gripe is that it went from a sandbox PC game to a scripted, set-piece filled console shooter, because the consoles dont have enough RAM to load a proper map for sandbox gameplay.

If you think Crysis 2 is not dumbed down ON THE PC, then either you are a console gamer and don’t know any better, or you are just plain stupid.

But like I said “I ain’t even mad”. Why? Cause I’ve got other games to play. Not only that, I play them on a PS3, not a PC. PC gaming is not dead, but more and more developers are taking all the necessary shortcuts tolerated by console gamers, hated by pc gamers, that make their games more dumbed down than ever. I dont mind playing a linear shooter like Killzone 3 but that belongs on a console, not a PC. I play games on PC that take advantage of the PC platform.

Crysis was a PC game, it would never run on a console. Not enough RAM for maps, not enough power to run the graphics, no mouse/keyboard control for suit powers … etc. So what does Crytek do to make Crysis 2 run on consoles? DUMB IT DOWN

Thank you Crytek for eradicating another PC game franchise and starting another console shooter franchise. JOB WELL DONE.

16. m2stech

I wonder how much Microsoft and Sony paid EA to delay PC exclusive parts!!!

17. YoungZer0

Haha, i hope the DX11 Patch never comes out. I hope you PC Gamers finally learn your place. btw. PC/PS3 Gamer and Crysis Fan here. 8)

We will see the same thing done by DICE. And even if DICE will deliver a good looking Game on PC, you’ll still complain like little bitches.

18. Tamo123

@ YoungZer0

DICE have actually been pretty good to us, not perfect like they used to be, but they haven’t been awful.

You ‘hope’ just proves how much of a douche you really are. You’re proud to be a Crysis fan? I bet you also love how much of a COD clone it is as well don’t you? You’re the target audience that made FPS so generically shit. Thanks a bunch.

You seem to be okay with accepting ‘sub par’ quality games, that’s fine by me. You’re part of the cancer that is ruining what made PC gaming great. Maybe you should stick to your PS3, it seems to suit your IQ pretty well.

19. DSB

Depends on your definition of good. The PC edition of Bad Company 2 was released stuffed full of bugs, including a few gamebreaking ones and a horribly lagging interface. That’s not really impressive if you’re going for a PC gaming pedigree. However, the support on that was pretty good, and they did fix it within a month or so. Not that the consoles had that problem to begin with.

Insecurities aside, I think YoungZer0 is totally right. There are so many things wrong with Crysis 2 that bitching about the graphics (which actually look great unless you stop to count every single fucking pixel when you should be playing a game) makes you look like a bit of a tard.

Really, any kind of tard you like. Fucktard, retard, gaytard, just a generally huge tard.

20. Tamo123

@ DSB

That’s your opinion and mine is your a tard for thinking he’s right. The douche said “Haha, i hope the DX11 Patch never comes out. I hope you PC Gamers finally learn your place.” Do you agree with that?

Regarding Bad Company 2, like it said, it wasn’t perfect, but it wasn’t awful either. Bugged to hell = yes, support = yes. It balanced out. Crysis 2 isn’t worth paying for, nor is it worth playing unless you are the same target audience that loves generic shit FPS.

Counting every pixel? Are your eyes really that bad?

He never made any comment stating anything else was wrong with the game, he was just having a dig because people, like myself, are pissed about not having something that was supposed to be added on release date. Basing your comment on that alone renders your comment void.

Have a nice day.

21. runbmp

Crysis 2 isn’t a bad game. However its neither a sequel to Crysis 1 on the PC.

Crysis 2 was designed for consoles in mind to make maximum revenue, and PC was lucky enough to get crippled port.

Crysis has a special place because it represented the advancement we were making not only from a graphical standpoint but physics and AI as well.

Unfortunately, this doesn’t translate into revenue.

Crysis from 2007 still pwns the shit out of Crysis 2, it will be another 4 years for consoles users to experience something like crysis 1.

Crysis 2 (2011) physics vs Crysis 1 (2007)