Yakuza 4 launch trailer lands a few kicks

Tuesday, 15th March 2011 19:11 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

SEGA has released the launch trailer for Yakuza 4, which is out today along with Homefront, MotoGP 10/11, and Shogun 2 in the US on PS3. Big day, and all that.

In it, you get to see how boring Kazuma’s life is until he heads down to Tokyo’s Shinjuku ward, where he enjoys sake at a hostess bar until it’s time to “go to work”. Work that involves kick people in the face.

If you are interested in gameplay videos, quite a few were posted this morning.

Yakuza 4 is out in the UK on Friday.

1. monkeygourmet

My girlfiend and i just got a PS3, mainly for the exclusives (see uncharted).

Are the Yakuza games worth getting? There are no demos on Pstore from what I can see. In fact, have the even been released in the UK?

Also, off topic, I’m having a hard time with the pad, any way to hook up a 360 pad to the PS3?

2. NeoSquall

There is a demo for both Yakuza 3 and 4, try harder.

3. monkeygourmet

I’ll have a look tonight, I’m still finding my way around the store ;)

4. Ireland Michael

@1 They’re decent enough, but half of the gameplay mechanics still feel like they’re stuck in 2004, and the the PS3 versions are practically identical to the original PS2 games.

They’re certainly not lacking in content though.

It’s probably entirely accidently, but this trailer succeeds in highlighting just have samey this franchise has become. The game is literally still using the exact same visual assets as the original PS2 game.

Grand Theft Auto IV these are not.

As for your controller question… no. Sadly, you’re stuck with the shitty PS3 controller. There might be some third-party controllers out there that resemble the 360 controller, but I’ve never looked.

5. Gekidami

The only things i really dislike about these games are the lack of weight in the characters movements (the games dont seem to have any physics for that matter), and the fact that not every spoken line has audio. Everything else is pretty cool, honestly. Yakuza 3 was pretty beefy in terms of content too. They’re games that are really worth their price without any sort of MP needed.

As for the pad, you can buy adapters. Or try something like the Power A Pro Elite Wireless.

6. monkeygourmet

@4 & 5

Cool, I’ll give the demo’s a try although I think I’ll finish Uncharted 2 before I think about anymore PS 3 games, still got a 360 backlog! ;)

Cheers for the info about the adaptor, I’m finding it hard to adjust between the two pads, was so frustrated that they mapped the shooting and aiming on Uncharted onto L1 and R1 instead of the triggers, and the analog sticks seem far to sloppy compared to the 360 pad…