THQ confirms Homefront goes gold

Friday, 4th March 2011 10:51 GMT By Johnny Cullen

THQ’s just confirmed that Kaos shooter Homefront has gone Gold.

“Homefront is set to become one of THQ’s most successful original IP launches,” core games EVP Danny Bilson.

“The team at Kaos have spent three years building an FPS that competes with the very best, offering a thrilling and original single player experience and hundreds of hours of multiplayer.”

The news come as speculation on the future of Kaos Studios continues to grow, not to mention this morning’s news that THQ Montreal is to co-develop the series with the New York developer.

Homefront releases on March 15 in the US and March 18 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. albo88

quite talking shit it will be just another 6 hour COD

2. Robbins

Looks cool but I hope it doesn’t end up like Medal of Honor reboot

3. Gekidami

THQ sure are hyping this one. Lets see if it lives up to it.

4. M2Kx

@3: Hell you’re right.

First I was like: Meh, gonna suck. But then: First the deal with ms, every 2 hours another news on this site. Maybe this game isn’t that bad? Or microsoft just wants to sell some shit :D

Anyway, I still don’t care about it.

5. kofoed

#4 It’s not really MS hyping it, it’s THQ hyping it so damn much, I can’t wait till it’s released, maybe they stop talking so damn much about it then.

6. mathare92

Apparently it got a 9/10 from one of the OPM’s… Japan, was it? I can’t remember. The story’s on CVG.

7. James Mac

Maybe those kids at Kaos will be able to sleep now… or, y’know, have a day off.

I’ve got pretty high hopes for this.
    I just hope THQ don’t decide to annualise it if it is successful.

8. Shonak

I don’t think that THQ and especially Bilson are so dumb. Well first they have to see anyway if a sequel will be worth it, but I think Homefront has the chance to show one conflict out of many perspectives, thereby allowing sequels a right to exist. Well, we’ll see how it turns out.

9. HauntaVirus

I don’t know what to think about this game yet. I hope this is not all hype…I really want to pre-order it but I just can’t. I’ll wait and see on this one.

10. sickgamer

why there is so many bitchy assholes ??? just wait for the fucking game and see the reviews ! for god sake stop acting like fucking noob kids ….

so any new gameplay ? :D

11. M2Kx

Oh god, let rain the ignore function on this site!

Damn, it looks really fun :P