Blizzard: Diablo III “way over half-way” done

Saturday, 23rd October 2010 21:39 GMT By Nathan Grayson

diablo3_4

Another BlizzCon, another year without a concrete date for Diablo III.

But hey, here’s the next best thing.

Speaking during the BlizzCon’s Diablo III and World of Warcraft press conference, game director Jay Wilson said that Diablo III’s “way over half-way done.”

He also noted that even though the game’s not quite feature complete, it’s certainly not lacking for content.

So, the obvious question/froth-coated groveling: please please please please please tell us when it’s coming out already!

“We’re not really close until you’re playing it,” Wilson said, pointing to a friends and family beta test as a good indicator of that.

He also added that while Diablo III’s not “close” to clawing its way out of development hell yet, a friends and family beta test is. So we’re close to being close, basically.

More from BlizzCon as we ambush Blizzard employees, drag them into a dingy bathroom, and interrogate them at knife-point. Er, we mean, as it comes. Yeah.

1. choochoo

2. LePlatypus

@1 you can’t believe people play good games?

3. Johnny Cullen

After last night, I’m more interested in this then I was with StarCraft II before it released.

Looks amazing.

4. endgame

“I can’t believe people still play these sort of games lol……well back to playing Halo Reach (GOTY 2010).” classic console mind! n1…

5. endgame

oh btw ken levine just twitted this a few hours ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oksHPwCFS7U&feature=autofb. it’s awesome! :)

6. Garthy30

I’ve already pre ordered this can’t wait…..Now I’m of to play HALO REACH lol.

7. freedoms_stain

Way over half way??? That means bugger all!

@1 is a dumb trolling cunt, move along.

8. Psychotext

@5: I don’t know why, but that combat video did very little for me. Seemed to remind me more of Gauntlet than Diablo 2.

9. YoungZer0

Jesus fucking Christ, why is Blizzard so fucking slow? I mean it already looks outdated, by the speed they have now it will probably be released in 2012.

10. ultramega

At least I’ll have Torchlight 2 to keep me warm until this.