Confirmed: The Last Guardian will be at TGS

Wednesday, 8th September 2010 13:50 GMT By Johnny Cullen

thelastguardian

Everything’s rainbows again. VG247 can confirm The Last Guardian will be at Tokyo Game Show next week.

The Team ICO title will be shown to media in Japan next week by Fumito Ueda.

It was thought last week the game wouldn’t make the show after not appearing on Sony’s line-up, despite hints afterwards from Ueda it will be.

But it is. And with that, so begins the attempts for world peace.

So a new trailer is a 100 percent certain, si? SCEE isn’t saying either way.

“Sorry I can’t confirm anything else I’m afraid,” a rep told us when asked about it.

The Last Guardian was formally announced at E3 last year, but has gone dark as of last year’s TGS.

Just to remind you of it again, here’s last year’s trailer from the show.

1. Blerk

Awesome. Hopefully it’s not just another trailer, it’d be really nice to see some actual game.

2. Kerplunk

Good news. But just imagine the backlash if it’s just another showing of the old trailer! :D

I actually hope they don’t give away too much of the content ahead of release. Ico and SotC both had a great sense of discovery that would be lessened by knowing too much info.

So long as it’s good quality, that’s all I need to know.

3. The Hindle

Im still puzzled as to how this is going to play, is it going to be like ICO and Fable 2s pet mechanics you know with how the Dog handled.

4. Psychotext

Sweet. :)

5. Tallon 4

Nice…Now all we need is SOTC and ICO in HD :)

6. Crysis

eh, what’s the big deal about this game? is it overhyped? or were their previous games THAT good?

7. theevilaires

DUH, so will PSP2 :D …..I hope

8. Blerk

Their previous games were that good.

9. Bleak Harvest

mybodywasnotready.jpg

10. Psychotext

“mybodywasnotready.jpg”

What’s that one?

11. zoopdeloop

@6 As Blerk said,they were that good.Especially SOTC…a piece of art i would say,not flawless though :)
    Ueda is one of the very few Japanese developers who can easily prove the Japanese gaming industry isn’t “dead” overall…let’s see if he can with this one.

12. polygem

well. i probably will get lynched for this but shadow of the colossus was pretty mediocore imo…it had some classic moments, but overall i wasreally bored halfway through the game…ico was fun. i´m excited about this one but i´ll stick to my “wait and see” attitude for now…

13. tenthousandgothsonacid

@12 you’re entitled to your opinion of course.

No go back to reading the Daily Mail and enjoying Chris Moyles and the x-factor and leave us in peace ;)

14. Dannybuoy

Bring on the cat/eagle/otter thing!

15. AHA-Lambda

@12 – i havent played sotc but i have played ico and tbh it didnt grab me. It was ok but nothing zomgamazing as everyone kept saying =/

i need to give it another shot and then go through sotc

please people dont lynch me!!

16. Erthazus

The BOMB?

17. onlineatron

I FEEL PRETTY, OH SO PRETTY. I FEEL PRETTY AND WITTY AND GAY!

Fuck me I love Team ICO.

18. zoopdeloop

@15 I suggest playing through SOTC first,it’s different than ICO.Personally ICO didn’t grab me as much as SOTC did…the experience,the sentiment it passes to the player is one of a kind.A kind that dives into your subconscious(if you’re willing to accept it and figure it out that is)

It’s not a coincidence that SOTC was praised much more than ICO from the press and the audience…

19. Blerk

Although I’d give both Ico and SOTC perfect 10s (insert wink here), if I had to choose just one of them it’d be Ico. Totally, totally love that game to pieces.

20. freedoms_stain

I played SOTC 1st and loved it, then got ICO on the back of that, still enjoyed it but I definitely preferred the open-world wandering of SOTC.

21. Moonwalker1982

I am looking very forward to this one, even though…*shame on me* i never finished Ico or SOTC.

22. manamana

@1@5@8: +1

23. osric90

I sold my SoTC to be able to buy Team Ico Collection. I hope it comes out way before this.

24. Haseef

“I hope your looking forward to it.”

We are! so show us some gameplay and give us a date Ueda-san :)

25. Kuwabara

Shadow of colossus is more epic than any game released this gen

26. mojo

ok this is the plan:
    they showed tlg, everyone was happy.
    They showed gow3, everony was happy, they announced gow collection, everyone was even more happier.
    it has been so quite arround tlg coz they pulled together a ico collection to present it at tgs.

nobrainer.jpg