Castle Crashers priced for PSN, coming soon

Monday, 16th August 2010 08:58 GMT By Joe Anderson

castlecrashers

The Behemoth has confirmed the price for its PSN version of Castle Crashers, while also reassuring fans it’s “coming to planet earth like a speeding train ready to fly off the tracks and crash into a village.”

The village is your PS3.

Posting via its official blog, the developer confirmed the game will be priced around $14.99 in the US, which, according to our trusty currency converter, is around £10/€11.50.

No exact date was confirmed, but the developer siad it’s right in the thick of the submission process for the PlayStation Network.

The last time we heard about the game was back in May, so hopefully it will be released any time now.

1. onlineatron

Pricey for a title that’s been out for 2008 elsewhere.

I know the game’s good, but a £6-8 range would have been more enticing.

2. AHA-Lambda

meh i’ve lost interest after so long =/

3. Sardauk

@1 it is worth the price, trust me.

4. KAP

I cant wait for this, even tho ive not played it on 360
    As for the price. only time will tell

5. AHA-Lambda

wait was this game an 800 or 1200 msp title?

6. Robo_1

Pricier than I’d hoped. Certainly given how late we’re getting it.

7. Redh3lix

It WILL go on offer at some point like all the PSN games. If it’s as good as some people here suggest though, I may pay that little more and get it one release.

8. Freek

It’s a 1200 MP title, so yeah, it’s cheaper on PSN, only by a little, but still.
    And well worth the price if you haven’t played it on Xbox.

9. AHA-Lambda

ah so its actually bang on as it what it should be

shows you the disparancy between spacepoints and actual money eh? :P

10. DJ Deathstar

How is it cheaper on PSN, 1200 msp is £10/$15

11. onlineatron

1200msp is £10.28 ;)

12. cookiejar

Very nice, only played the XBLA demo, so might pick this up.

13. Freek

1200 MP is 15 euro, it says there it’s 11.50, 3.50 cheaper.

14. Nozz

I had this on the 360 before i sold my console, defo gonna pick this up on PSN when it comes out.
    £10 is worth the price.

15. LOLshock94

this aint out on psn omg this is like the funnest button mashing game ever

16. theevilaires

One of the best games on XBLA and about damn time for a PSN release. I don’t know why these guys takes so long to release a PS3 ver. Does anyone have a legit reason other than it takes time to code for the PS3 bullshit?

and at $15 the game isn’t that great. If there is a PSN+ discount offer then I’ll be getting this plus + :D …..which means yes I’d be paying over $50 just to get this game :(

17. xino

not just expensive but adds nothing new:/

18. OlderGamer

Western buying market share is my best guess Tea. Much of the PS3 market share comes from JP/asia. Where as the xb360 comes from the US and Euro only.

Castle Crasher is aimed squarely at the US and Euro markets. Therefore it makes sense to me that it would hit LIVE before any thought would have been given to the PS3.

Same is likly to go for a lot of games.

That is my best guess.

As far as psn fans buying this game? Stop being cheap. You guys so often bitch and complain about actualy having to pay for something. This game is worth every stinking penny. Online play, 4player couch co-op. Great gameplay, tight controls, high graphic quality. Tons of unlocks. Hidden chars classes.

If you even remotly like 2D, hack and slash, and have any friends at all, just buy the game. Games like this and MNC, and Limbo, are really the only gems out there. They are cheap to buy and have a ton of fun packed in there.

How many times have you paid full retail for a game you only put 5 or 6 hrs into? This game will offer you more hours then that for a 1/4 of the price.

You will be glad you bought it.

19. theevilaires

I want MOVE support too :D

20. revolting

I’m fairly certain this is the best thing I’ve ever downloaded, ever. It’s fantastic, fun, and hilarious.

I don’t think anyone truely know’s why it’s taken so long to port over… Behemoth put out fairly regular updates on their blog, and pretty much each one has said “PS3 coming soon!!” for about a year now. But that being said, it was the same with the original xbox release, with a gigantic many months long chasm of time between them saying “it’s done!” and Microsoft saying “it’s out!”

The game certainly has one of the most bizarre and belaboured roll out histories, on both platforms, but it’s definitely worth every day waited. I might even get it again myself, even though I still have it and still play it from time to time over a year later on the xbox… I love it that much and am more than happy to send them however much monetary support they see after Sony take their cut.

21. LePlatypus

@15 you’ve won most retarded commenter on VG247 we know it’s not out on PSN cause the article says it coming soon nitwit