God of War: Ghost of Sparta gets November 2 release in US

Monday, 2nd August 2010 17:06 GMT By Johnny Cullen

ghostofsparta

SCEA’s announced God of War: Ghost of Sparta will be releasing on November 2 in the US, with a massive pre-order DLC pack announced for the game also announced.

If your pre-order Ghost of Sparta at certain retailers, you’ll get its soundtrack, a PSP theme and PS3 dynamic theme, a PSN avatar and an in-game legionaire skin.

There will also be a director’s documentary included, which sees former God of War directors get together to talk about their experiences, including David Jaffe, Cory Barlog, Stig Asmussen, as well as those who have directed the PSP titles..

SCEA also announced a PSP hardware bundle which features a PSP-3000 in black and red, a 2Gb memory stick, a copy of Ghost of Sparta on UMD, a voucher to download God of War: Chains of Olympus and Kick-Ass on UMD, all for $199.

There’s more at the US PS Blog.

1. Razor

So GT5, GoW and DC Universe are all releasing on the same date?

What the hell is Sony smoking over there?

2. The Hindle

@ 1 GT 5 will get the main marketing money, Gow has its devoted fanbase so will sell no matter when its released and DC will flop.

3. Superet

DCUO better not flop!

4. AHA-Lambda

“Gow has its devoted fanbase so will sell no matter when its released”

but its on the psp =/

even mgs peace walker with its devoted fanbase didnt give 2 shits :(

5. Boris Fett

This franchise hasn’t expanded beyond its basic mechanics since the day it was invented. What was impressive five years has been superseded quite significantly since.

It’s mechanics are out-dated, sloppy and simply… crap. The PSP is currently my most played machine right now (even above my console) but this is one game I couldn’t care less about.

6. AHA-Lambda

/\ and yeah i have to agree somewhat with this aswell. I’ve only played GOW 1,2 and 3 but not the CoO and don’t care about this either.

GOW 3 was a fun experience and a technical marvel but the first one remains the best in my mind cos it was original and yes the series hasn’t evolved since then

7. mathare92

^The gameplay mechanics haven’t evolved to a large extent I agree, but I really don’t mind; the GOW games are some of the most enjoyable I’ve played.
    Chains of Olympus is still the most polished PSP title out there (although PeaceWalker’s my favourite), so personally, I can’t wait for Ghost of Sparta.
    Shame it’s releasing on the same day as GT5.

8. mathare92

@5 Superseded by what, may I ask?

9. onlineatron

Another November release date?

Sony…

… WHAT THE HELL?

10. The Hindle

Chains of olympus sold pretty well i think and i dont know about Gow since POP went shit and TR went like that as well ive found Gow has replaced the action adventure mold for me.

11. The Hindle

And Boris or Micheal O connor yea we get it you dont like Gow we gathered the number of times you used to insult it. So why youre commenting in a Gow thread ive no idea.

12. Withnail

SCEA always rush their “holiday” games out in either late October or early November to give them a run before Thanksgiving. SCEE will spread things out a bit more through November, but this will lead to the usual complaints of European delays. Basically the same story every year.

13. Boris Fett

@8 Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, Bujangai, Ninja Blade, Bayonetta, Dante’s Inferno, and every single other spectacle fighter that has been released in the last half a decade.

Yeah, those titans look all pretty and shit, but from a gameplay perspective, when you’re actually controlling Kratos, it moves like crap and feels like crap. They is no fluidity or sense of connection with the combat at all.

@12 I wasn’t aware you had to like something to comment on it. Last thing I checked, people could express what opinion they wanted to. Newflash: People are allowed to criticise things.

14. The Hindle

@ 13 The consistent critical acclaim Gow has recieved and commercial success shows your in the minority there imo. The Gow games are good action games and there is a general weight when you hit things in the game but to each is own.

Most sequels barely evolve its called more of the same, pretty much every game on the market abides by this. You mention NG, if you compare NG to NG 2 again it didnt evolve at all. Was the same basic thing. Same goes to DMC or any other of the games you mentioned.

15. LOLshock94

@ Boris Fett and u said i was a fanboy

16. Bikki

If GT5 gets delayed again, shit will hit the fan pretty hard.

17. pspgamer01

When europe?

18. AHA-Lambda

probly the coming friday from then; nov 5

19. frostquake

I would have Bought Peace Walker, except it is $40.00 New and $38.99 Used…Crazy…GOW on the PSP will be $40.00 as well, so I will have to pass till it dips below $29.00 US

20. metamorphic

Boris Fett is just a stupid, jealous troll. News flash, “Boris”, the vast majority of the gaming press thinks you’re a prick.

21. Boris Fett

@20 You know “the vast majority of the gaming press”? That’s quite impressive. You must be even more popular than Pat if you know “the vast majority of the gaming press”. I would be very surprised if “the vast majority of the gaming press” was even aware of my existence.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is it that I’m supposed to be jealous of? PS3 owners? PSP owners? I own both. Right now, the PSP is probably my most played gaming device.

The only one I see trolling here is you, my friend. Nowhere in my posts did I direct an attack towards anyone. Unless expressing a personal opinion that some people happen to not agree upon constitutes as “trolling” nowadays.

22. Boris Fett

Yep, just what I thought. Full of hot air.