Report – Patrice Désilets leaves Assassin’s Creed, Ubisoft

Saturday, 12th June 2010 05:58 GMT By Johnny Cullen

assassinscreed26

According to Game Informer, Assassin’s Creed series creative director Patrice Désilets has left the IP and Ubisoft Montreal.

But in a statement sent to the publication, Ubisoft has said that  he has merely taken “a creative break from the industry” with his role on Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood “essentially done”.

It comes just days before Brotherhood’s official announce at E3. If Désilets has left the series full-time instead of taking a break, it will be the second big key loss to the series in just under a year: former series producer Jade Raymond left the Montreal studio to take a new role as head of Ubisoft Toronto, which is currently developing a new Splinter Cell title.

Désilets has been with Ubisoft Montreal since the beginning, working on titles like Hype: The Time Quest as well as the 2003 reboot of the Prince of Persia series.

He then worked with Raymond in bringing together Assassin’s Creed in 2007, and has been on the IP since.

1. lindblum_resident

Kinda disappointed with the news. I hope that most of the really important story details in the trilogy were discussed extensively all these years and we won’t see a totally different direction in the proper AC2 sequel.

2. Hunam

I guess the constant grinding on the franchise was bound to spit out a few creative people.

3. Bulk Slash

That’s worrying, ACII was excellent. Odd timing too, considering Brotherhood is supposed to be demoed at E3. I wonder if this has anything to do with Ubisoft deciding that AC is now a franchise that needs a sequel (and an E3 demo) every year?

4. Hunam

That would be my guess.

5. AHA-Lambda

PLEASE ubi dont screw up AC!!

6. Erthazus

I’m not dissapointed. That man did a really good job with the second game and not so much with the first game.

AC in the future need a little bit of change. Second game was great, but at the end felt a little bit repetitive, still, a very good game.

7. Patrick Garratt

I hope this isn’t true. I’m supposed to be interviewing him on Tuesday.

8. The Hindle

Well Rip assassins creed, Ubisoft really are stupid.

9. humanfish

I think my diary is pretty clear on Tuesday Pat, if it helps.

10. TimClark

Weird. Also have an interview booked in. Maybe there’ll just be a Desilets standee in the room and some awkward looking flaks. “You have ten minutes, begin now…”

11. AHA-Lambda

trailer n date for brotherhood