MW2: Resurgence map pack detailed

Friday, 14th May 2010 07:49 GMT By Johnny Cullen

mw2

The new Modern Warfare 2 map pack, Resurgence, has been detailed in an interview with Major Nelson.

Infinity Ward’s Rob Bowling confirmed that the two old maps from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare to return will be Vacant and Strike. The three new maps confirmed for the DLC are known as Trailer Park, Carnival and Fuel.

Trailer Park is seen as a “super condensed” map, cutting through abandoned trailers and is pretty much “a maze”, according to Bowling. Carnival is a daytime map and a “decimated amusement park”, full of rides you’d tend to expect there like fun houses and rollercoasters.

The final map is called Fuel, which is a “sniper haven”, full of wide open space in an oil refinery and is “completely unique” from other maps in the Resurgence pack.

Bowling didn’t state a price for the pack in the interview with Nelson, but expect it to be $15 (1200 MS points) like the Stimulus Package.

Resurgence was announced yesterday for a June 3 release on Xbox Live first.

1. Falchy

Another $15? Just glad I didn’t buy the first pack. This is just absurd and still people are going to buy it.

2. Benjo1981

What’s with the old maps again? It was barely ok the first time, but now it just seems lazy.

3. endgame

EXACTLY what Falchy said! :)

thk f**k I’m lucky enough to play with intelligent ppl and have DICE giving me free map packs and new game modes instead of playing with a bunch of losers who r dumb enough to pay 15 dollars for a a piece of s**t because my friends that’s what u get. and from that until the actual thing is a very short road.

4. polygem

this map pack can kiss my virtual soldiers ass

5. Doz12

looking good will most probably buy it though strike wasnt my fav and will steer well clear of fuel by the sounds of it.

just wishing dice would bring out some new maps for bc2 rather than just unlocking stuff on disc.

6. OlderGamer

Didn’t this game run 70usd at launch? Or was it 60usd?

Because for just six “new” maps, that could have included on the disc, the total price for the game is between 90-100usd. What a deal.

Not bad though, if I bought all of the DLC for last years NCAA Football the total price of the game would have come to 110usd.

I think this crap is getting out of hand.

7. stretch215

WOW, all these people are having a fit over 15 DOLLARS. Shit, i spend that for lunch on an average day. And I am by no means a “rich” dude, I’m just not CHEAP. Also 15 dollars for five maps that i’ll spend HOURS playing is more than worthy of my LUNCH MONEY. I think some people complain for the sake of complaining.

8. G1GAHURTZ

I got my copy of MW2 from Sainsbury’s for £26.

I bought the first map pack for 1200 points (~£10.28).

I’ve played the game for a total of 21 days, 9 hours, 47 minutes and 12.43 seconds (or just under 514 hours) acording to the in-game stats.

So far, that’s 514 hours of gaming for £36.28.

Or 0.001176p per minute to be precise.

Beat that.

(ps. Piracy is for thieves and doesn’t count.)

9. OlderGamer

Just wonder Stretch, would you buy a game priced at 120usd? Because that is really where it is head and in a sense what is happening now.

They create a brand name, and then plan to withhold 20-40% of the MP content from the launch, while slowly realesing/unlocking said content for near the same amount as the purchase price.

We are left with 100usd plus games.

So, would you walk into the store and buy a game priced at say 110usd? You wouldn’t like it because we are condidtioned to expect the enevitable DLC that we have to pay for.

I remember reading an interview a few years back stating that this gen would see 80usdplus priced games. I thought now way people would buy them. Well they do, we just pay for it in incrememnts.

I understand the notion that it really isn’t that much money(15usd/map pack). Esp, if you pretty much only play that game. The true CoD fans are going to buy the dlc and wonder what the big deal is. And when you consider that something like WoW runs 15usd/month just to play…buying a couple of map packs isn’t that big of a deal.

But for me, it comes back to this:

Would you buy a game if it was priced at 120usd?

Because past all of the twisting ways it could be looked at, that is what is happening.

Edit:

G1GA I have no idea what that is in usd. Plus, in the US we can’t buy our games with milk and a loaf of bread. When MW2 launched you would be hard pressed to find it anywhere at anything less then 60usd.

10. DeSpiritusBellum

I love how some people pretend like they’re asking a million dollars for those map packs.

“FIFTEEN DOLLARS? WHO AM I, DONALD TRUMP?”

Get the fuck over yourselves, you sobbing ninnies. If you want it you’ll pay a measly 15 dollars, if you don’t, go sit in a corner and rage on Bobby Kotick. The Soviets didn’t win – You don’t get shit for free.

11. G1GAHURTZ

@ OG:

It’s (£26) $37.78.

Besides, $60 is just over £41, which is still cheaper than the most places were selling the game for over here anyway.

You’re right about not just sitting and eating up whatever price Acti or any other publisher comes up with, though.

It’s like a house with a sea view or a Ferrari. the demand keeps on growing, so the price just keeps on rising.

12. OlderGamer

“Although, the point here is that they have a winning product that people want and people like, so they’ll naturally push to the limit of what they think people are prepared to pay.”

100% agree G1GA.

Thnx for the exchange rate info, I’v never been one for that type of stuff. I always mess up tips when I go to Canada(cpl hrs from my home)…and don’t even get me started on the speed limit conversions!

13. stretch215

@ oldergamer : I would agree with you if it was $100+ for the game out of the box, no extra content. But 2 installments of $15 to almost double the amount of maps for a game that I play a lot of is worthwhile for me.

14. Dimacorgan

@7 you got a point there.
    Considering how much time I will be spending playing (also) on new maps, it’s by no means an exaggerated price.
    Btw, yeah, I don’t think it’s an exaggerated price in absolute terms, either. Like what? 2 cinema tickets maybe? 4 hours of entertainment?
    Oh com’on!

15. ramdom123

People get ready to get free Resurgence Map Pack, this site is showing how we can avoid paying $15 hurry up and go there http://resurgencemappack2.tk/