Heavy Rain suffering shortages, new stock coming next week

Monday, 1st March 2010 16:16 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Heavy Rain 3

SCEE’s told MCV that Heavy Rain is currently suffering retail shortages in some places, but it insists new stock is coming to retailers next week.

The Quantic Dream thriller went in at number one in its first two days on sale in the UK in the latest charts released this morning: the first game to do so for Sony since Killzone 2 last February.

But Sony’s said it will need more “footwork” to acquire a copy right now.

“We have been extremely delighted with the demand for Heavy Rain,” said a rep.

“Whilst it isn’t out of stock we are aware that supplies are running low. There is still supply in the chain, but I’m afraid if you’re hunting for a copy it may require a little extra footwork. There will be more stock arriving next week.”

The company further added: “In the meantime we thank everyone for their excitement and their support for this title and also for their patience if they are still seeking a copy.”

The thriller is a fantastic game, judging by these reviews and our opinion. Shame we can’t play it, then.

1. Eregol

Yeah, it really isn’t going to sell this is it?

2. vincentw00t

It’s pleasing to see people willing to take a punt on something that’s a little difference. Maybe it will inspire other developers to take a risk or two.

3. Eregol

The special edition sold out in my area of London.
    I was able to get it at my local HMV.

4. NoxNoctisUmbra

Thank God I pre order my copy long time ago, when I arrived at the Gamestop, the guy told me non pre orders sold out within few hours! And I got my copy next day!

I know in Mexico thy were sold out as well according to my friend.

5. AHA-Lambda

Wow this is selling WAY better than I think anyone expected :O

As a point of context my local HMV in glasgow (i.e. a major city) had sold out totally. I’ve NEVER seen that shop sell out of anything before 8O