ACII ‘Battle of Forli’ DLC won’t have trophies or achievements, confirms Ubisoft

Wednesday, 27th January 2010 16:57 GMT By Johnny Cullen

assassinscreed26

Were you looking forward to whoring the hell out of your respective awards system for whatever console you got Assassin’s Creed II with when The Battle of Forli releases tomorrow?

Too bad: the DLC won’t be getting any new awards added for either PS3 or 360.

Ubisoft confirmed to PS3Trophies that it won’t in fact have any of the awards the site is based on.

And to rub further salt in the wounds, the company’s Community Manager for the UK, Korina Abbott, has confirmed to VG247 that it is likewise with achievements for 360.

Sorry about that.

The Battle of Forli is the first piece of two episodes of DLC coming to ACII, which fills in a big gap in the game’s story.

It’ll cost 320 MS points/$3.99/£2.72/€3.72.

The second episode, Bonfire of Vanities, is due next month. No exact date’s been given yet, though.

Ubisoft confirmed recently it is to release a new Assassin’s Creed in FY11, which will continue the story of ACII protagonist Ezio, but isn’t a continuation of the DLC.

1. Gheritt White

You mean, we have to play just for enjoyment’s sake? What the fuck is the point of that??

2. Bulk Slash

Seems to confirm it was content that was removed at the last minute.

3. Magicpocket

Fail.

I am an achievement whore. I am a ‘core’ gamer. I am someone who ‘would’ have bought this DLC because I loved AC2, but Ubi have now lost my £££.

I am also very sad.

4. Hunam

I think I’ll just wait for some GOTY edition or something now then rather than going out and buying AC2 and the DLC.

5. Superfrog

It’s Forlì, not Flori ;)

6. Eregol

@5 Orly?

DLC is at the back of a lot of people’s minds. People I know are annoyed that Ubi locked AC2 save files.
    Bit annoying if you want to carry on playing your save on a different machine.

There’s not even any real reason why they had to lock it.

7. Johnny Cullen

Italian – fucker.

Fixed anyways.

8. Magicpocket

I do wonder if it was cut from the original. The last few missions in AC2 felt a bit hurried in that they weren’t as polished as the rest of the game.

9. deftangel

I really don’t understand why? After they did a good job on the pricing as well.

10. Syrok

“Must… meet… deadline. Argh, lets cut this boring part and sell it later”

11. NiceFellow

I don’t care personally myself, but I suspect they just lost themselves some revenue with that little announcement – because I know plenty of gamers will see the value of the DLC diminished with Trophy/Achievement support

12. psxman

Well, this is now a non-purchase…

Pitty.

13. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Wasn’t there some sort of agreement with Sony that all titles/DLC content would require trophies to be mandatory after a certain date?

14. Johnny Cullen

I think that was just for games, Ghetto.

It’s up to devs if they wish to add in achievements or trophies for DLC.

15. JimFear666