Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will not restrict party chat

Wednesday, 9th December 2009 21:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

badcompany2

DICE’s Gordon Van Dyke has told MTV that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will not implement a block on Party Chat.

“We are ok with [party chat]. We haven’t taken a stance, being against it and feeling like people are cheating,” he said. “Is it worth putting a restriction on it that affects everybody?

“I don’t think [cheating with party chat is] that big of an issue, that I’ve seen, where we have to worry about that.”

Good to know, actually. Now you can tell your buddies involved in another match to hurry the hell up and join your battle hungry soldiers in a match.

More through the link.

1. JimFear666

ahahah its funny to see how bfbc2 dev. punch on infinity ward :p

2. theevilaires

Man stop trying to gain the spotlight off of MW2 not so popular rules.

1st: Oh yea we’ll have dedicated servers

now: oh yea we’ll allow party chat

3. Constantine

I love DICE lol

4. SlayerGT

I should have saved my MW2 money for this. I bet the single player will be better.

5. Uncontested

Title of article: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will not restrict party chat

First sentence in article: DICE’s Gordon Van Dyke has told MTV that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 *will* implement a block on Party Chat.

I am confuse

6. joshua nash

find all this childish, if they’re going to pick-on MW2 they should just get sociophatic about it and be has burtally heartless as is humanly possible, and make everyone at Infinity Ward cry like little babys who just shit their diappers

7. G1GAHURTZ

It would indeed be a bit stupid to block party chat for this game, because the maps are so big and boring, and the gameplay is so slow that the 5-10,000 or so people who actually do play it online regularly can’t even be bothered to cheat.

8. Stephany Nunneley

Bah sorry @5. Forgot the word “not” in there. I should not drink and write at the same time.

9. Whizzo

Party chat in BFBC1 and ’43 was the only way to get around the relatively small squad sizes, have they been increased from 4 in the PS3 beta?