Knockout new Rage trailer opens Quakecon [Update]

Thursday, 13th August 2009 22:47 GMT By Patrick Garratt

ragelogo1

Quakecon just kicked off with a fantastic new Rage trailer in its press conference – watch it on Shacknews.

John Carmack’s on stage at the event right now and we’re liveblogging as we type. Hit this for all the updates.

Thanks, absolutezero.

Update: Watch it after the break. Thanks, deanimate.

1. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Holy shite!! I had a feeling id’s Rage was gonna be impressive….but damn i see demons…

2. Patrick Garratt

Ja. Serious shit. I can’t wait to see that next week.

3. deanimate

or watch it on gametrailers :D

not a bad trailer. hopefully there’s not too much driving in it. or if there is its fun.

i do have a good feeling about this game.

4. Patrick Garratt

Ta. I’ve embedded it.

5. deanimate

no curries :)

6. g00nerz

Wow. I hadn’t seen any vids previously, or heard anything about the game other than “Rage looks amazing and has teh best grafics eva”.

After seeing the vid. Boy am I disappointed. Looks like Fallout with terrible 1999 fps sound effects.

7. bugmenot

i am impressed with this being 60fps but after seeing efforts like lost planet 2, cryengine 3 i am finding it difficult to be blown away by the visuals, bar id’s megatextures being deployed in some unusual places eg. skybox, smoke-particle quads, the visuals look par for the course. Not to mention this is probably running on a high spec PC
    i think the reaction is the id/McCarmack effect in action. I sure the engine will be amongst the finest however!

8. Blerk

Blimey, that’s rather pretty. Some really nice motion capture on the characters, too.

It’s also really, really like Fallout 3 until the shooting starts. I like the surprise big guy at the end, not so keen on the idea of the racing.