Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – off-screen footage

Monday, 3rd August 2009 10:21 GMT By Patrick Garratt

battlefieldbadcompany10

A few videos of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 being played at Comic Con after the break. Looks like a snowy shooter, as you’re expect.

There’s no date on it yet, according to officialdom, although “early next year” probably isn’t a million miles away.

Thanks, NextGamer.

1. Gekidami

Looks like the first one in nearly every way.

2. DrDamn

Including the very notable screen tearing in the second vid :(

3. G1GAHURTZ

Meh.

4. Robster1979

Looks awesome to me.
    I stll play BFBC all the time, absolutely great game with masses of replay value.

5. anasui

the only issue I have with this game is that it isn’t BF3. Now that would be great news

6. Gekidami

The first one was ok but seriously, give us the prone position and flyable planes EA, do we really have to wait for BF3 to get the most basic of BF features?

7. reask

BC was OK I just found the maps were too big at times.

8. DrDamn

Lack of prone was a game balance choice, not a missing basic feature. I think it worked as a compromise between over powered snipers and including full kill-cam.

9. anasui

well I hope they keep it for BF3 because a sniper unable to prone would be bollocks

10. G1GAHURTZ

Needs a kill cam.

Needs to stop people from stabbing you from 5 meters away.

11. Hunam

Needs commander mode.

12. Robster1979

Prone snipers would ruin the game. There would be too many campers in bushes picking off anyone who dare to go for the flag/crates

13. Yoshi

This is more ther version of COD thats why it doesnt have the classic BF features
    Ill probz just play abit of the demo like i did with the other 1 lol
    Im waitin for BF3 ;)

14. DUFFKING

BFBC was 10 times the game CoD4/5 is, so more of the same is good for me. Also, killcams have no place in battlefield games. If a sniper kills you and you can’t work out where he was, more power to him. The snipers don’t kill in one shot anyway.

15. Lahanas

DUFF Ι couldnt agree more. Bad Company is awesome and Gold Rush is the best thing to happen to online gaming in years.

16. G1GAHURTZ

Kind of ironic that a game which is supposedly 10 times better than CoD4 has a Metacritic rating which is at least 10 points lower than CoD4. Only has one 10/10 review score compared to CoD4′s 14, and probably sold way more than 10 times fewer copies. It also doesn’t even make it into the XBL top 10, and probably has more than 10 times fewer players online at any given moment.

Just leave the comparisons, there isn’t really much point. They are both two very different types of FPS that do what they are designed to do very well, in their own way.

If you like this particular type of gameplay more than anything else, then thats up to you, but trying to praise this game while belittling the best selling FPS in the history of the Genre is a bit silly, to say the least.

17. DUFFKING

G1GA, I have my reasons for not liking CoD, but I’m only really talking multiplayer. BFBC is fucking awful in single player.

But CoD multiplayer just leaves me cold. I don’t want to sound all ‘fuck the mainstream, I’m alternative,’ or like one of those MLG Halo types, but it’s just TOO accessible for me.

The weapons are too accurate, too powerful, don’t have enough recoil so shooting people doesn’t feel satisfying, not like in Counter Strike where every kill is an achievement. I like my shooters to take a bit more skill and have a bit more depth.

What really ticks me off with CoD though is the way the game randomly decides to spawn an entire team in the same building for 2 minutes straight so the other team can teamkill the shit out of them. Too often can you start with a 7 kill streak and just be helpless to do anything, half the time it feels like the game’s punishing you for dying by making you die. Repeatedly.

And the bastards who moan that there’s a perk which doubles your health, then run around with a double damage perk pretending that it’s not the same thing in reverse >:(

18. DUFFKING

Did I say teamkill the shit out of them? I mean spawnkill. Dur.

19. G1GAHURTZ

Yeah, I definitely see what you mean.

The CoD4 multiplayer certainly has its flaws, and in some games the spawning can be completely ridiculous. Sometimes it’ll go for you and sometimes against you, but either way it could do with serious improvements. There are different game modes where this doesn’t matter though, like Search and Destroy for example.

You made me lol about people complaining at you for using juggernaut though! Hehe…