Check out this lore video for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2.
You will start off as a Thinblood in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, and Paradox has released a video giving you some background into the lore surrounding this second-class group of vampires.
Along with some background information, the video also takes a look at disciplines for Thinbloods. As a newly embraced vampire, your abilities are weaker than those from one of the great clans.
Here is a short synopsis for this particular vampire type.
Thinbloods are a recent, weaker strain of vampire who face a constant struggle to survive in the World of Darkness. While they are often treated as second-class citizens by full-blood Kindred, Seattle’s leadership has been uncharacteristically tolerant of Thinbloods.
As Seattle has only relatively recently come under Camarilla control, it remains a city of opportunity where Thinbloods can navigate their way into the higher circles of vampire society; however, they are rarely shown the same respect or legal standing that full-blood clan members enjoy.
As the story progresses, you will eventually join one of the five, full-blooded Kindred clans.
When you first start Bloodlines 2, you'll need to choose one of three Thinblood disciplines: Chiropteran, Mentalism, or Nebulation.
Each grant "unique combat and traversal abilities" which can be upgraded throughout the game. These disciplines and progressions are outlined below, courtesy of Paradox Interactive.
Bloodlines 2 - Thinblood clan disciplines
Chiropteran - Strong affinity for bats, allowing vampires to move through the air and summon swarms.
- Glide — first active power. Glide greatly lowers the weight of the vampire’s skeleton and muscle mass to allow them to briefly float, reaching otherwise inaccessible areas, swoop down on NPCs to knock them down, or rain down other Disciplines from afar.
- Bat Swarm — second active power. The vampire can summon a small swarm of bats to attack a target NPC, temporarily disabling them and dealing low damage. This power can be upgraded until a true Maelstrom of leathery wings surrounds the vampire, harrying and damaging those who come too close.
Mentalism - Use telekinesis to manipulate objects and even pull weapons from enemy hands.
- Pull — first active power. Manipulate inanimate objects using telekinesis, even weapons held by NPCs.
- Levitate — second active power. Suspends a living NPC in the air. Its strength can be enhanced until the vampire can levitate everyone and everything in an area, and throw suspended enemies around like ragdolls.
Nebulation - Allows the vampire to summon and command mist.
- Mist Shroud — first active power. Summon a shroud of mist that surrounds the player for a short period. The shroud muffles the sound of footsteps and reduces the range at which the player can be seen. In addition, the player may partially transform into a cloud of mist to perform a choking attack on an NPC or travel through a tight space, like a ventilation fan or duct.
- Envelop — second active power. Create a stationary, swirling cloud of mist on a target that surrounds, blinds and forcefully enters the lungs of NPCs that it touches.
The five full-blood clans will also feature their own unique abilities, and upgrades. Paradox said it will provide information on these Kindred clans over the coming weeks.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 is out next year for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. If you missed the initial announcement, here's a look at the long-awaited sequel and pre-order details.