ARK Survival Evolved's latest patch brings a whole host of new content, including laser sharks.
ARK Survival Evolved's patch 257 is introducing a bunch of new content, from a UI overhaul to new creatures and TEK.
Our most favourite addition is the TEK Megalodon Saddle to make laser-shooting sharks a reality.
There are four new animals, a TEK cloning chamber, and upgraded turrets and grenades. The Volcano has had a redesign with a TEK Cave inside, waiting to be explored.
You can find more details in the patch notes, but here's a brief rundown of everything included in patch 257.
- TEK Megalodon Saddle
- TEK Turret and TEK Grenades
- TEK Cloning Chamber - Survivors now have the ability to clone their favourite creatures for the cost of Element Shards. Creatures will retain their level, appearance, and stats
- Four new creatures - Giant Bee, Daeodon Comedentis, Liopleurodon Magicus, and Kentrosaurus Aethiopicus
- Volcano Redesign and the TEK Cave
- More UI overhauls
- New Hairstyle and Facial Hair
- Approximately 20+ New Explorer Notes
- 15 new music tracks, per-biome and situational
- Full Gamepad input pass (i.e. console gamepad functionality)
- Fixed issue with Cave spawns not functioning properly in singleplayer
- The Center mega-update!
- New Emote
- Engram Tree Revamp
- Alpha Megalodon
- All Alphas have their own APEX Items