It’s been nearly a year since Borderlands 3 made its debut and Gearbox wants to celebrate.
In appreciation of the Borderlands community, 2K and Gearbox Software will be kicking off the Borderlands 3 Anniversary Celebration on July 30.
During this time, you can expect six weeks of mini-events along with the celebration of Borderlands 3’s first birthday.
A fresh mini-event will be activated every Thursday from July 30 through September 10.
The theme and specifics for each mini-event will shared on the Borderlands website and social channels each week.
Here’s what else to expect:
- ECHOcast Overload (July 30 to August 6) – Better chance of scoring loot during Rare Chest Events in the ECHOcast Twitch extension
- Bonus Boss Loot (August 6 to August 13) – Most bosses have an increased chance to drop Legendary loot
- Loot Monster Mayhem (August 13 to August 20) – Increased spawn rates for Loot variant enemies
- Show Me The Eridium (August 20 to August 27) – Increased Eridium drops, plus Eridium item discounts
- Mayhem Made Mild (August 27 to September 3) – All Easy modifiers in Mayhem Mode
- Making It Rain (September 3 to September 10) – Enemies drop more in-game cash
Participating in these free mini-events is free and you can also enjoy the celebratory benefits of these events while playing Bounty of Blood and the other campaign add-ons included in the Season Pass.
A quality-of-life update was earlier today, delivering new Eridium options, adjustments to Boss loot pools, and other community-requested changes.
Vault Hunters can now spend Eridium at the Veteran Rewards vending machine located on Sanctuary III to obtain rare mission rewards that, in some cases, could previously only be obtained once per playthrough.
You can also invest your Eridium into the Eridian Fabricator 2.0, an update to the gun that shoots guns. Its new alternate firing mode requires quite a bit of Eridium, but it also guarantees the Fabricator will provide a Legendary weapon.
Boss loot pools have now been spread across more Boss enemies, making it easier to earn the exact Legendary you want. To learn more about the update, hit up the latest blog post.