Disco Elysium just got harder.
If you want Disco Elysium to be harder, that is. A new update was released today bringing Hardcode mode to the RPG.
Alongside the new mode, the game is now available to play on Steam with widescreen support.
Here’s what to expect with Hardcore mode:
- You will fail more – The difficulty of every Check goes up, bringing down your chances of success. Solving this case without being a Total Disaster Cop is even harder than normal.
- You’re going to be poorer – You’ll have even less money, meaning there’s less for you to pick up. Better get used to picking up every scrap you can find…
- Prices have gone up – Pharmaceutical prices have gone up, which means failing costs you even more and they don’t heal you as much.
- You’ll need to turn to the hard stuff – Booze and cigarettes are going to help you a lot, sweet ciggies clearing your head and extra drink to build courage will become more of a necessity on this playthrough.
- Most treasured possessions – The few possessions you do have become more important, make sure to treasure what you have!
- You’ll have to think more carefully – The Thought Cabinet debuffs are more painful when you’re already liable to fail. One the flip side, the bonuses’ thoughts offer might push you down paths you wouldn’t otherwise take.
- You’ll level up faster – Failing builds character. You’ll gain extra token amounts of XP every time you finish a task and you’ll level faster and higher, if only marginally.
The game and its DLC are also on sale right now for 20% off as part of the Steam Lunar New Year sale.