Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite event will be scaled for Borderlands 3 players and will go live next week.
Borderlands 3’s event will be scaled down to make it slightly easier. If it was previously a bit tough for you, it will now be easier to make progress and hopefully find a party.
Expect the scaled version to go live on January 16 and end on January 30. After that date, Gearbox Software will bring the event back up to its intended difficulty level.
The scaled Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite event was supposed to kick off earlier this month, but there was apparently an issue with the event preventing it from going live.
The event, which started in November, is a level 50 four-player co-op mission with enemies scaled that level. You have the option to attempt the content solo, but you will have a hard go of it without a team to back you.
Gearbox also released a hotfix earlier this week which addressed various concerns reported by players. Notes for the hotfix are below.
Borderlands 3 hotfix – January 9
- Addressed a reported concern that FL4K’s Furious Attack was sometimes not applying bonuses to pet damage as expected
- Addressed a reported concern that Rakkcelerate was sometimes not applying the cooldown modifier as stated on the skill’s description
- Addressed a reported concern that Cheap Tip’s total weapon shield capacity was sometimes not appearing in the tooltip on the item card
- Addressed a reported concern that The Arbalest of Discipline was sometimes spawning with just shields
Found an issue where the Anointed Enforcer’s immunity abilities would sometimes cause them to be more difficult than intended. Gearbox has lowered its health temporarily as it investigates further and finds a permanent solution.
- Temporarily lowered the health on Anointed Enforcer
If you’re just picking up the game, here’s where to find the most overpowered equipment, the best easter eggs and more.