In addition the PC specs today, Rockstar outlined the additional updates coming with Red Dead Redemption 2 PC.
As reported when the PC version was announced, Red Dead Redemption 2 PC brings additional updates to Story Mode.
Today, Rockstar provided information on what to expect, along with some lovely high resolution screenshots.
The minimum and recommended PC requirements along with a list of enhancements were also provided today.
Red Dead Redemption 2 story mode updates
Three new Bounty Hunter Missions:
- Herman Zizendorf has been stealing tools from tradesmen – track him down in Blackwater.
- Ex-Confederate Cavalry Officer Camille de Millemont is wanted dead or alive out by Catfish Jacksons, but his loyal men are never far behind.
- Bart Cavanaugh and his gang are camping out in Big Valley. Take Bart dead or alive without alerting his gang if you want to avoid a whole mess of trouble.
Two new Gang Hideouts:
- Take on the deadly Del Lobos gang in new hideouts at Gaptooth Breach and Solomon’s Folly.
Two new Treasure Maps:
- Search for treasures across the new Landmarks of Riches and The Elemental Trail maps for gold bars and other rewards.
New Mission “To The Ends of The Earth” – collect requested herbs for a range of rewards
New Weapons for Story Mode including:
- M1899 Pistol – all-new Semi-automatic handgun with clip loaded ammunition
- Evans Repeater – high capacity repeater (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- High Roller Revolver – ornate double-action revolver (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Le Mat Revolver – powerful revolver with the ability to shoot shotgun shells (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
New Horses for Story Mode including:
- Warped Brindle Arabian – a fast and agile mount
- Few Spot Appaloosa – beautiful and hardy, ideal for cross-country journeys
- Perlino Andalusian – a healthy, sturdy animal, ideal for hunting (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Red Chestnut Arabian – a fleet-footed beast with a distinctive coat (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Plus 3 new wild horse variations – keep an eye out for wild herds featuring the Buttermilk Buckskin Kentucky Saddler, Liver Chestnut Morgan and Gold Palomino Tennessee Walker
Five new Trinkets to collect with new effects:
- Hawk Talon – permanently decreases Stamina bar drain speed by 30% when drawing a bow
- Cat Eye – permanently increases the length of Fortifying tonic effects by 20%
- Shark Tooth – permanently increases horse bonding experience bonus by 10%
- Turtle Shell – permanently increases health bar refill speed by 10%
- Crow Beak – permanently increases looted ammo by 10%
Red Dead Redemption 2 releases for PC on November 5 and is now available for pre-order through the Rockstar Games launcher.
As previously announced, pre-ordering between now and October 22 through the launcher will net you two, free Rockstar PC titles along with a free upgrade to the Premium Editions of Red Dead Redemption 2, with both the Special Edition and Ultimate Edition discounted by $20 each.
Further pre-purchase bonuses include items for Story Mode such as the Outlaw Survival Kit, a War Horse, Treasure Map, a cash bonus, and 50 Gold bars for Red Dead Online.
The game will also be available through the Epic Games Store at release, on Google Stadia at launch, and in December through Steam.