There’s another huge celebration in Pokemon Go – and players can enjoy a variety of bonuses in what’s being called a series of Ultra Bonus weeks. Here’s what to expect…
We’ve already had Ultra Bonus week 1, and now it’s time for Ultra Bonus Week 2, which comes with some specific, awesome Kanto-related bonuses for helping to fill out your Pokedex. This includes some new additions to the shiny Pokemon list in Pokemon Go, catchable for the very first time.
On this page, we recap the bonuses for the current ultra bonus week – and also remind you of some essentials to make sure you get the most out of this limited time Pokemon Go event.
Pokemon Go Ultra Bonus Week 2: global challenge rewards
Ultra Bonus Week 2 of Professor Willow’s Global Challenge takes place from September 9 at 1pm Pacific Time until September 16 at 1pm Pacific Time. Pacific Time is 10pm UK time and 11pm in Central Europe.
Pokemon Trainers can look forward to several significant bonuses as part of this stage of the Ultra Bonus event. Week 2 features the following:
- Region-exclusive Pokemon from the Kanto Pokedex will hatch from 7km eggs (Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, Tauros and Farfetch’d)
- Shiny forms of the Kanto region-exclusive Pokemon will be available (Shiny Kangaskhan, Shiny Mr. Mime, Shiny Tauros and Shiny Farfetch’d)
- Eggs will hatch in half the distance they usually do. This stacks with the hatch speed increases from special incubators, too.
- All forms of Deoxys will be appearing in raids. Deoxys is a Tier 5 Pokemon Go Raid boss, and can appear in a number of forms: Attack, Speed, Defense and Neutral.
Things to remember during Pokemon Go Ultra Bonus event weeks
To make the most of Pokemon Go’s Ultra Bonus event, there’s a few things you should make sure you’re doing each and every day. Many of these are things that hardcore, dedicated Pokemon Go players likely already do daily – but it’s doubly important during this event as you’ll be missing out much more if you don’t.
Specifically, you should do the following:
- Send Gifts to your friends every day, and open the gifts sent to you. Gifts will earn you items, but also, crucially, 7km eggs. That’s important because…
- This event has improvements to Pokemon Go egg hatching and some new, rare egg hatch editions added to 7km eggs. Not only are these Pokemon rare, but there’s a chance that they’ll pop out of the egg in newly-added shiny forms. Make sure you’re dropping eggs into incubators and making the most of these bonuses.
- If you need egg incubators, there’s a special box on sale in the store right now that’s incredible valuable. For 1480 Pokecoins you get 15 Super Incubators, 2 Regular Incubators and some other bonuses. If you’re going to spend more money, it’s a bargain.
- Participate in a lot of raids – especially to catch Deoxys. Deoxys is a powerful Pokemon, and the Defense form in particular is great for player versus player (or player versus Team Rocket) battles in Pokemon Go. Regardless, this event is a rare chance to fill out the Deoxys side of your Pokedex by picking up all four forms.
Pokemon Go Ultra Bonus Week 3
As an aside, it’s worth noting that Pokemon Go Ultra Bonus Week 3 will kick off on September 16 or 17 – definitely somewhere around that slot. We don’t currently know when it’ll land, but bookmark this page – we’ll update this page with the timing and the bonuses as week 3 is announced in full.