Apex Legends has received a patch earlier today that fixes cases of incorrect hit registration, and the bug allowing players to stick objects to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield.
Along with the aforementioned, the Apex Legends patch features a heavy focus on improving audio issues and the Pick Me Up banner frame issues on PS4.
The banner was causing the game to crash on PS4 systems, and as a preliminary fix, Respawn pulled it entirely.
Once the update is deployed, the banner will be re-enabled and the error should resolve itself a few hours after the patch is live.
See below for the full change log.
Apex Legends 1.1.3 patch notes
Audio fixes and improvements
- Improved audio engine to be around 30% more CPU efficient, lessening the chance of distortion or dropouts.
- Lowered impact on data loading through code and content changes to improve potential dropout issues.
- Quality of life
- Lowered the master volume of all sounds during the character select screen through the end of the drop sequence.
- Lowered the volume of Wraith’s ambient kunai knife sound for those who are sensitive to the sound. If it is still bothersome we will remove it in a later patch.
- Increased the volume of close proximity enemy footsteps for all Legends.
- Increased the priority of enemy footsteps to ensure the sounds play even in heavy combat situations.
- Slightly lowered the volume of Pathfinder footstep sounds heard from the first person view.
- Fixed missing or quiet dryfire (out of ammo trigger click sound) and low ammo (the progressive change in sound that the gun makes as the magazine approaches empty) sounds for the R301, Hemlok, Flatline and RE45.
- Increased the volume of the music that plays when winning a match.
- Added more detailed audio to the Training mission.
- Bug fixes
- Fixed occlusion bug for the “wind down” sound for the Havoc.
- Fixed issue with automatic weapon fire sounds occasionally getting stuck on, usually after a Legend respawns.
- Fixed bug with RE45 missing tail sounds (the echo in the environment after the shot) when in close proximity.
Hit detection fixes and improvements
Fix for Lifeline “Pick Me Up” banner bug on PS4
- The issue has been resolved and we will be re-enabling the banner after the patch is live.
Developer’s Note: We made changes to client and backend to address this and it’ll take a little time to take full effect. We’re expecting the error to resolve within a few hours after the patch is live.
Crashes specific to Intel CPUs (PC Only)
- Intel has been notified, but in the meantime, Respawn has provided a workaround in the patch. In order to keep from crashing, they have lowered the original clock speeds for user CPUs by changing the instructions used by that one function.
Additional bug fixes and changes
- Fixed issue with the Fortified Passive ability for Gibraltar and Caustic where they would take damage through shields.
- Fixed the bug that allowed players to stick objects to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield.
- Admittedly it’s been fun to see the results of this but the behavior is not intended by design and could get out of control.
- Items will no longer stick to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield, however, it will now deflect Arc Stars.
- Identified some issues with -novid, and will be disabling the flag until the issue can be addressed.