An Overwatch developer update going over the latest changes and additions has been released.
In a developer video update, game director Jeff Kaplan goes over changes coming to Overwatch, some of which are currently live on the PTR.
One of the new additions in the works is the Overwatch World Cup viewer. Coming to beta on PC first, users will be able to view World Cup matches from any camera or viewpoint in real-time. Replays, observer tools, and the ability to slow or speed up time are some of the features.
With patch 1.30 currently on the PTR, folks who do not participate on the test realm should know buffs are being applied to Mercy, Reaper, Roadhog, and Symmetra.
The video also states the Overwatch team will not announce a new map at BlizzCon 2018 next month. It is, however, working on one.
We’ve posted the PTR patch notes including developer comments below. Watch the dev video to hear what else Kaplan had to say.
Overwatch PTR patch notes – October 23
- An option to use Windows Spatial Audio is now available. This feature can be found in the Windows Start Menu under Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Speaker Device > Spatial Sound
Developer Comments: Since launch, we’ve supported Dolby Atmos for players who use headphones, and we’re now expanding this support to include the Windows 10 implementation for spatial audio. Spatial audio is configured in the Windows 10 sound settings and will take priority over the settings in the game client. This will allow for more options, including settings for Windows Sonic Headphones, Dolby Atmos for Headphones, and Dolby Atmos for Home Theater.
- Made jump height consistent across hero roster
- Ultimate cost reduced 15%
- Healing per second increased from 50 to 60
Developer Comments: Mercy’s ultimate was charging a bit too slowly after her base healing was reduced in a previous update. These changes should restore some of her ultimate’s strength and let it build up more quickly.
- Spread randomization reduced by 50%
This was adjusted on Oct. 31.
- Life steal increased from 20% to 30% of damage dealt
Developer Comments: Reaper’s specialty is fighting at a very close range. The more consistent spread pattern and increase in healing from his passive ability will make him more capable of standing toe-to-toe with his enemies.
- Decreased the delay before pulling a hooked target from 0.5 seconds to 0.3 seconds
- Now greatly reduces the target’s momentum upon being hooked
- Cooldown now begins immediately, instead of after the target has been pulled
- Spread pattern adjusted for both primary and secondary fire
- Spread randomization reduced by 50%
- Knockback maximum velocity increased by 25% (from 8 to 10 meters per second)
- Horizontal recoil decreased slightly
Developer Comments: Roadhog is receiving several large changes to make his abilities more consistent. His Chain Hook had issues with breaking when enemy targets jumped or fell behind environment collision. It will now slow them down in the air more when the hook lands, and wait less time before it starts reeling them in. Since Chain Hook’s cooldown now begins immediately upon use, so it no longer varies based on Roadhog’s distance to the hook target. We’ve also moved some of the projectiles closer to the center of the spread pattern on his Scrap Gun, which gives him a more consistent damage output for its primary and alternate fire. Previously, there was a long-standing bug that caused close-range targets to fly much further than expected. After this bug was fixed, we still wanted to keep some of the knockback burst it provided, so we’ve increased the overall velocity cap to maintain some of that functionality.
- Primary fire beam charges up 20% faster
Developer Comments: It’s still difficult to use Symmetra’s Photon Projector beam effectively, even after its range was increased. By speeding up the primary fire charge rate, it takes less time to ramp up to its full damage potential and will be a stronger option when she’s presented with targets to charge up on.
- Fixed a bug that caused Mei bots to attempt landing headshots on Wrecking Ball while he was immune to them in Roll mode
- Fixed a bug that caused bots to get stuck near Point A on Eichenwalde
- Fixed a bug that prevented Brigitte’s Whip Shot from going on cooldown if it was interrupted before the chain retracted
- Fixed a bug that prevented victims of Doomfist’s Rocket Punch from ragdolling if they were eliminated by it
- Fixed a bug that prevented Doomfist’s Rising Uppercut from damaging enemies
- Fixed a bug that prevented Doomist’s Seismic Slam from dealing damage if he hit by a knockback ability the moment he landed
- Fixed a bug that caused Junkrat to return to his idle animation if he was stunned while using RIP-Tire
- Fixed a bug that caused some allied heroes to say their “under attack” voice lines when receiving a friendly Sound Barrier
- Fixed bug that prevented Orisa’s Fortify from canceling Doomfist’s Rising Uppercut air control effects
- Fixed a bug that allowed Reinhardt’s Earthshatter to hit Brigitte when she blocked it with her Barrier Shield if she was strafing during high latency periods
- Fixed a bug that prevented Chain Hook from going on cooldown if it was interrupted before the chain retracted
- Fixed a bug that prevented Chain Hook from destroying breakable objects when pulling the target backward
- Fixed a bug that caused Roadhog’s Whole Hog visual effects to cover a wider area than the spread of projectiles
- Fixed a bug that prevented Santaclad Torbjörn’s ultimate voice lines from playing when activating Molten Core
- Fixed a visual issue that prevented Molten Core’s magma globules from appearing in the correct place with his Barbarossa or Blackbeard skins equipped
- Fixed an animation issue that caused Torbjörn’s claw arm to suddenly appear when Overload and Molten Core were used in quick succession
- Fixed a bug that prevented Symmetra to charge up her primary weapon on enemy ice walls
- Fixed an issue that caused Tracer to accelerate slightly slower and decelerate slightly faster than other heroes
- Fixed a bug that prevented Wrecking Ball voice lines from playing when previewed after opening a Loot Box
- Fixed a bug that allowed heroes to charge through a Graviton Surge without getting trapped
- Fixed an issue that caused some heroes legs to twitch when viewed in the Hero Gallery
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from rotating heroes in the Hero Gallery while the UI was hidden
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to hear the voice lines of heroes controlled by players they muted
Game Browser and Custom Games
- Fixed a bug that prevented the payload from healing attackers if they were damaged while pushing it on Assault/Escort and Escort maps
- Fixed a lighting issue that caused a skyscraper in Hollywood’s skyline to appear pitch black