H1Z1 is leaving open beta on PS4 and is launching as a free-to-play title on August 7.
Daybreak has announced the official launch of H1Z1 on PlayStation 4, and the game will be getting new weapons, a new vehicle, improved performance, and two new launch bundles. The Season 1 Battle Pass will also be unlocked.
The RPG and SOCOM Sniper Rifle will roll out alongside the ARV that can seat a five-man squad.
Players can choose from the Hardline Deluxe, or kung-fu inspired Viper Starter Bundles that will apparently allow for character customisation, and will presumably include bundle-specific weapons and skins.
The Battle Pass will have three reward lines; free, premium, and PlayStation Plus.
The following changes will be implemented in the game at launch:
- Balance Changes
- The Hellfire will do less damage overall, and have an even stronger damage fall-off at distances beyond 50 meters
- M40 headshots will be fatal, even through helmets
- Crossbows with explosive arrows will do less splash damage
- Added Weapons
- SOCOM – A sniper option that sits right between the Scout Rifle and the M40, with a 4x scope on it
- RPG – A rocket launcher ideal for taking out vehicles
- Tier Changes
- The AR-15 will be moved to ground loot
- Crossbows with explosive arrows will be moved into Green airdrops
- The SOCOM will be found in Purple airdrops
- The M40 and RPG will be found in Gold airdrops
Players can choose between the Starter Bundle, Standard Founder’s Bundle, and Deluxe Founder’s Bundle, all of which are discounted by 50% on the UK PSN Store right now:
The Starter Bundle is £1.99 (usually £3.99)/ $4.99 and includes:
- Gorilla Warfare Outfit
- Animated Gorilla Warfare AK-47
The Standard Founder’s Bundle is priced at £7.99 (usually £15.99)/ $19.99 and includes:
- Animated Stars Shotgun
- Rainbow Unicorn Outfit
- Blue Splatter ATV
- 3 Arsenal Crates
The Deluxe Founder’s Bundle will set you back £19.99 (usually £39.99)/ $49.99 and you’ll get:
- Animated Flame AR-15
- Flaming Skull Outfit
- Chaos Offroader
- Sarcasm Dance Emote
- 10 Arsenal Crates
- 5000 Skulls
The H1Z1 PS4 open beta launched back in May, with 1.5 million players jumping in on day one.
The player count shot up to 4.5 million before the end of the month and hit 10 million in June.