Minecraft’s big 1.12 update is here.
Minecraft’s latest update brings the mothership build to 1.12 and is substantial enough that it has a name: World of Color. Don’t blame me for the missing U; I’m as upset about it as you are.
Rolling out now for the core Mac and PC build, and presumably destined for the Windows 10, Pocket and console versions at a (possibly much) later date, Minecraft 1.12 overhauls the colour scheme on a number of blocks, gives you options for recolouring many common crafted items, adds two new types of blocks, and officially introduces parrots, probably without the cookie breeding system. In the trailer above, you can see some of the colourful creations the Minecraft community build using a snapshot of this update.
That’s not all, though. According to Mojang, Minecraft 1.12 features a new “advancements” system that will “help guiding your way through the adventure of Minecraft, and can be utilized by creators to make interesting custom adventure maps and mini games”. Maybe it’s just what you’re looking for if you’ve always wanted to get it together and reach endgame but get distracted and confused on the way. There’s also a new recipe book and “knowledge book”, so it’s clearly a good time to be a Minecrafter who loves books.
Here are the full patch notes for Minecraft 1.12: World of Color.
- Added Glazed Terracotta blocks
- Renamed Hardened Clay to Terracotta
- Added Concrete Powder blocks
- Added Concrete blocks
- Updated base color palette
- Added advancements
- Added recipe book
- Added Knowledge Book item
- Added Parrots
- Added functionality to save toolbars in creative mode
- Added text-to-speech narrator
- Added new sounds for the Note blocks
- Added commands relating to recipes and advancements
- Many minor fixes and changes
- Removed Herobrine