Sony has announced it will partner with Koei Tecmo to publish the Team Ninja action game Nioh, and also revealed it will be released for PS4 Pro.
There will be four different settings made available for the game, which will vary depending on whether you are using HD or 4K with the PS4 Pro.
- PS4 Pro HD display – Option 1: “Movie Mode”: Stable 1920×1080 resolution with high quality anti-aliasing at 30fps
- PS4 Pro HD display – Option 2: “Action Mode”: Stable 1920×1080 resolution at 60fps
- PS4 Pro 4K display – Option 1: “Movie Mode”: Stable 3840×2160 resolution at 30fps
- PS4 Pro 4K display – Option 2: “Action Mode”: Stable 1920×1080 resolution at 60fps
If you don’t plan on purchasing a PS4 Pro one any time soon, it still comes with three display options for the standard PS4.
- Option 1: “Movie Mode”: Focuses on resolution over frame rate, offering beautiful high resolution graphics with stable 30fps
- Option 2 “Action Mode”: Emphasis is on frame rate, providing a stable 60fps
- Option 3: “Movie Mode with Variable frame rate: Provides high resolution graphics with a variable frame rate that may go over 30fps.
More information is available on the PS Blog.
Nioh releases worldwide on February 9 for PS4, and PS4 Pro – which releases next week on November 10. Sony will publish the title in Asia (except Japan), Europe and North America.
An extended version of the TGS 2016 trailer is posted above.