Blizzard has released a big new patch for Hearthstone that added a new hero. Only you’ll have to refer some friends before you can unlock it.
Hearthstone has received its latest big patch. The update, version 13619, was recently released on PC and mobile and added the new Recruit A Friend feature.
To make things interesting, Blizzard locked the game’s new hero, a Murloc Shaman called Morgl the Oracle, behind participating in the new friend referral programme.
When your first recruit achieves 20 combined levels across all classes, you’ll get Morgl. Your recruits also earn a free Classic pack, and you get free Classic card packs for up to four more recruits.
The people you recruit must not already be playing Hearthstone. You can send send the recruiting email through your Battle.net account.
Find the rest of the patch notes below:
- New icons make it easier for spectators to figure out which game mode you are playing.
- Golden Priest, Rogue, and Neutral cards are now easier to tell apart.
- Golden Hero Powers are now displayed correctly in the Arena.
- Tinyfin Beach – Get this card back by achieving Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of July.
- Silithid Swarmer is now a Beast.
- Khadgar’s portrait now has a drop shadow.
- The Collection Manager now more accurately displays new cards.
- The experience bar will no longer fill up after winning a game at max level.
- Wild card rarity now displays properly when viewing flavor text.
- Golden C’Thun’s buff animation is now gold, gold, GOLD!
- Players should no longer appear as UNKNOWN after reconnecting.
- [iOS] Hearthstone will no longer crash when the device is in a certain orientation when the game is launched.
- [Android] Taking Fatigue damage after running out of cards will no longer result in a crash on Samsung Galaxy S7 devices using Snapdragon CPUs.
- [Mobile] Fixed an issue that could prevent interaction with Heroes and Hero Powers on mobile devices.
- [Mobile] You should no longer crash when clicking on the Social button to bring up the friends list on phones.
- Fixed some audio, graphical, and UI issues.