Illusory walls are back in Dark Souls 3, and they hide some of the best treasure in the game.
Dark Souls 3: Illusory walls – locations and secrets
There are many Illusory Walls to be found in Dark Souls 3, and they’re perhaps even better hidden than ever. These tricky walls appear solid and can’t be passed through, but vanish after an attack; it’s as simple as that. There’s no other mechanic or system to make them appear or disappear.
If you’re playing online, you’ll often find messages by illusory walls. It’s a pain to scroll through and find the exact terms so many players will write “illusion” or “fog wall” (which technically means a boss gate, but whatever) instead of “illusory wall”, or even something simple like “try attacking” or “treasure ahead”.
Many of he “illusory wall ahead” and “visions of illusory wall” messages you see around the place are just jokes. Players are amused by shared disappointment when their exploration doesn’t yield anything.
Here we’ll list every example we’ve come across so far. This guide is a work-in-progress and will be updated if and when we find more illusory walls.
- Firelink Shrine – Estus Shard and Silver Covetous Serpent Ring
- Old Wolf of Farron – Dreamchaser’s Ashes
- Catacombs of Carthus – alternate path to Grave Warden’s Ashes and Pyromancy Tome
- Demon Ruins – Black Knight Sword
- Old King’s Antechamber – Estus Shard, shortcut
- Old King’s Antechamber – Quelana Pyromancy Tome
- Old King’s Antechamber – Titanite Shards
- Old King’s Antechamber – Izalith Staff
- Central Irithyll – Dorhys’s Gnawing miracle, Witchtree Branch staff
- Church of Yorshka – Crystal Lizard
- Pontiff Sulyvahn – Aldrich Faithful covenant
- Pontiff Sulyvahn – Brass Set, Reversal Ring
- Lothric Castle – Winged Knight set, Scared Bloom shield
- Consumed King’s Garden – Untended Graves area
- Untended Graves – Eyes of a Fire Keeper
- Grand Archives – Boreal Outrider armour set, Soul Stream sorcery