Frontier Developments has announced a release date for Elite Dangerous: Horizons.
PC users will be able to download the first content update on December 15 and those who pre-order the Horizon expansion will receive immediate access to Elite Dangerous and can start playing the core game right away.
Horizons is the new season of expansions for Elite Dangerous, with updates coming throughout 2016.
The first content update, Planetary Landings, allows players to discover and explore “billions of full-size airless worlds throughout the galaxy,” each simulated by the game’s Stellar Forge.
Following Planetary Landings on Dec. 15, here’s a look at what’s coming in 2016, including:
- Loot and Crafting, unlocking a world of customization options and adding new value and meaning to every action.
- Multicrew, allowing teams of players to assume roles aboard the same ship.
- Commander Creation, giving a unique appearance to players’ in-game avatars.
- Ship-Launched Fighters, allowing larger spacecraft to carry their own short-range fighter ships for attack and defense.
- New Missions and Ships, expanding the already massive amount of playable content.
- New Close Quarter Combat (CQC) Arenas, providing additional challenges to prove multiplayer superiority
To pre-order Elite Dangerous: Horizons, hit up the Frontier Developments store here. It will be available on Steam soon, and everyone who pre-orders through the link, will be sent a personal Steam key to add Horizons to their library.
Elite Dangerous is available now on Mac, PC and Xbox One, and is on the way to PS4.