A poster on NeoGAF has got hold of the latest Nintendo Power magazine which reveals, amongst many other things, that Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars DS will feature cell-shaded graphics and be an M-rated game.
That’s not all however. In fact, there’s so much info, we’re going to create a nice, long, bullet-pointed list for you to enjoy with your morning coffee.
By Mike Bowden
- True GTA game – sandbox gameplay, open-world environment, gritty crime narrative.
- Isometric camera angle
- Cel-shaded polygons w/ black borders
- good touch-screen implementation – “tasteful” minigames, streamlining interface
- UI based on a PDA – hub for email, contacts, map, music player, GPS, stat-tracking
- stats uploaded to Rockstar Social Club website via Wi-Fi
- finger-sized icons
- missions designed for shorter periods of play, arcade quality
- aiming with control pad, auto targeting with R button
- subtle autosteer
- if you fail a mission, you can jump back to the action sequence
- chain gun, flamethrower
- good portion of Liberty City is modeled in the game (different routes than console games)
- no probems with load times, draw-in or frame rate
- lots of pedestrians, cars, etc on screen
- Wanted system – objective is to disable police cars any way possible
- real-time weather effects, 24-hour day/night cycle
- lots of radio stations to listen to (more instrumentals than vocals)
- 800,000 lines of hand-optimized source code (hey, the people like the info, right?)
- no details yet on multiplayer/Wi-Fi features