Is Beyond: Two Souls getting the TLOU: Remastered treatment for PS4?

Tuesday, 8th July 2014 01:09 GMT By Brenna Hillier

More evidence has surfaced suggesting Sony is bringing Beyond: Two Souls to PS4.

beyond_two_souls

Beyond: Two Souls is already on out watch list for PS4 re-release, because it turned up in a programmer’s portfolio.

Now, two separate German retailers – Alcom and World of Games – have listed Beyond: Two Souls for PS4 release.

One site suggests the remake will drop in September, while the other just posits a 2014 release. The dates line up pretty well for an unannounced PlayStation 3 to PS4 port; The Last of Us: Remastered wasn’t confirmed till April, and releases at the end of this month.

We know Quantic Dream has been working with the PS4 since well before launch, and a recent report from DualShockers suggest the studio was involved with the budding console as far back as 2011. This makes sense; Quantic Dream is known for its ability to push PlayStation hardware, so Sony would naturally want the team involved in building the new tech.

Back in the realm of facts, Quantic Dream is known to have a PS4 project in the works, although we had hoped for a new IP (maybe Fiv5, or Infraworld) rather than a remake. There’s nothing preventing the studio from doing both, I guess.

Sony said yesterday that The last of Us: Remastered is happening because the majority of PS4 owners haven’t played it, having jumped ship from other console brands or come to gaming for the first time. Perhaps a similar argument applies to Beyond: Two Souls, although I’d feel less comfortable calling it an unmissable PS3 classic.

Thanks, VGLeaks.

1. psxman

I’d agree with you on the “unmissable PS3 classic” line, but you can’t deny it was top tier as far as showing off what that machine could do graphically.

It’d be interesting to see what improvements or changes, if any, would be made for the port.

#1 6 months ago
  2. Untold stories

I don’t doubt this is coming out on the ps4. I guarantee it.

#2 6 months ago
  3. lexph3re

I hope so, I didn’t buy it for ps3 and would love to get it on ps4

#3 6 months ago
  4. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I hope not, the game was a disapointment

#4 6 months ago
  5. LovesALLformats

So us ps4 owners get “remastered” year old ps3 Games? Wow Sony is slowing losing my faith, especially after hearing how much $$ Sony is investing in Morpheus

#5 6 months ago
  6. jmg24bad

I didn’t get to play this so a remastered version is fine with me.

#6 6 months ago
  7. Mike W

@LovesALLformats

Sheesh man, give it a rest, you don’t like Sony, we get it……now move on.

#7 6 months ago
  8. dazedonthemoon

@LovesALLformats
    Your name is pure irony… Or stupidity, I can’t decide.

#8 6 months ago
  9. loveaya

Because the majority of PS4 owners haven’t played it…Interesting idea, i think the majority PS4 owners have at least a PS3, right? If they didn’t play TLOU until now, why they bother themselves to buy a PS4 version? Because of 1080p, because of a fake remake?

SONY made me laugh, i just hope that they can focus on NEW IP or NEW SEQUEL, i don’t wanna this crap remastered version.

#9 6 months ago
  10. LovesALLformats

I love all gaming consoles and PC, so sorry if I was honest w what I said. Move on

#10 6 months ago
  11. polygem

Well, the ps4 still has a lot to prove so I can understand that some are a bit disappointed by these late ps3 games remake announcements.

I was underwhelmed by the ps4 as well. I got over that now because It is a decent system but on the software side of things you bought into a promise at this point. Let’s face it.

They will deliver though – and probably soon. Destiny, bloodborne…that stuff will come but for now, expect to hear some disappointed voices as well. That’s really only natural.

What is indeed ‘funny’ though…the same guys that said a remake like windwaker hd is a cheap cash grab, ip milking release that proves that the wiiu is bringing nothing new to the table and nintendo have lost inspiration, are totally ok with releases like this. Hmm…it is revealing and very sad at the same time.

I would appreciate if people would share the gamer tags more often on here. Would make spotting fan boys easier…but then, they know that so they don’t share anything but keep spitting their hate towards systems they don’t even play on.

This site has a Sony fan kid problem. Always had.

not talking about anyone in this thread though.

#11 6 months ago
  12. derpex

TLOU is practically a new game to at least half (~4.2 million) of PS4 owners that never owned a PS3 and never had a chance to play it. Same thing with Beyond: Two Souls or ANY PS3 exclusive game brought to PS4.

TLOU is one of the most critically acclaimed video games ever and sold 6+ million copies on PS3, it’s coming with full DLC and multiplayer, 1080p 60 fps with better textures and visual effects, and releasing at a discount price.

ANY PS3 exclusive remake on PS4 is nearly equal to a brand new Xbox One game. ~4.2 million PS4 owners who never owned a PS3 compared to 4.5-4.6 million TOTAL Xbox One owners.

The only thing that companies care about when releasing remakes is whether it makes them money. In this case, it’s bound to make them lots. Keep lying and hating, everyone else will be ignoring you and buying and enjoying the PS3 remakes.

#12 6 months ago
  13. polygem

Did you buy windwaker

#13 6 months ago
  14. Fred

Not German but Swiss retailers.

#14 6 months ago
  15. Rat

You won’t know how good this game is until you play it . I played it and I enjoyed it . My friend didn’t play the game cause he thought the game was bad . I gave him the game and he finished the game twice !

#15 6 months ago
  16. Legendaryboss

Oh dear.

#16 6 months ago
  17. BrahManDude

no this game was just awful in many ways

#17 6 months ago
  18. OrbitMonkey

Remastered QTEfest by fruity frenchman! Now with extra Dafoe carpet chewing & extended sex-scenes!

#18 6 months ago
  19. Spider Law

Great! Another game i missed on PS3 due to saving up for a PS4. I will pick it up day 1 if true.

#19 6 months ago
  20. Hcw87

Man your ass must be so sore after dragging all those numbers out of it.

#20 6 months ago
  21. POOhead

lel

#21 6 months ago
  22. polygem

They need to make a Medievil hd remake for ps4 eventhough they already made one for the psp. Or a new entry finally ffs. Sir Dan is the very best character they have ever created. Wake up the undead finally you lazy fools.

#22 6 months ago
  23. Clupula

Loved Heavy Rain, enjoyed the demo of this, but never bought it.

If it does come to PS4, I will just wait until I pick up a PS4 to get it. Fairly smart move by Sony.

Also, LovesAllFormats most certainly does not.

#23 6 months ago
  24. fearmonkey

Again, as one of the 32% Yoshida mentioned that bought a PS4 but didnt own a PS3, I am excited about the best games for PS3 being remade to PS4. I wouldnt be surprised that this is true, but maybe they could make a directors cut and improve what people complained about in the PS3 version, rather than a straight remake?

The Sorcerer demo for the PS4 was made with the PS3 tools that they had ported over, the same tools that were used to make this game. So, it’s easy to see how they could do that port, yet really improve it graphically if they choose to, even more so than what has been done with the last of us.

#24 5 months ago