The wait for Witcher 3 just became more arduous – lovely images

Saturday, 14th June 2014 18:29 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is one of the most anticipated games of 2015, and while you have seen it in action more than once, today we have a nice set of screenshots for you.

Every time I look at any assets pertaining to this game, it makes the wait heavy. Almost insufferable. That’s it. I’m firing up the first and second games again, you know, to alleviate the pain.

Yeah, I’m a bit dramatic today.

The Witcher 3 lands on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in February 2015.

1. Takeshi

Jesus, thought it was delayed even further…

#1 2 months ago
  2. Talkar

I don’t think you were being dramatic enough. Not even close..
    I mean, HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE SCREENSHOTS?!?!?
    Damn this game is going to be awesome! :D

#2 2 months ago
  3. Reddpayn

Hey Stephany, great article but its not coming to last gen consoles ;)

#3 2 months ago
  4. Froseidon

Buying a next-gen console mainly for this game. Damn, it looks beautiful.

#4 2 months ago
  5. Stephany Nunneley

@Reddpayn Crap. GET ALL THESE FORMATS OUT OF MY BRAIN!!!!! :D Thanks for the reminder.

#5 2 months ago
  6. Stephany Nunneley

@Takeshi I added images to the headline just in case. :)

#6 2 months ago
  7. TheWulf

That’s surprising. They’re actually pushing the older, more grizzled looking Geralt, this time. They tried to do that in The Witcher 2, but the undeniably extroverted “MAKE HIM MORE HANDSOMELY BADASS AND ARYAN!!!!” cries pretty much had them redesign him a bunch of times until he ended up looking kind of similar to Garrett from THI4F. Just a generic Western view of manliness, et cetera.

This time, though, it actually seems like they’re sticking by their original design of Geralt as a grizzled, older man. Hm. That’s promising. It’s still not a game for me, but that’s really, really promising.

#7 2 months ago
  8. DarkElfa

Oh Dragon Age 3, you look like shit compared to this game.

#8 2 months ago
  9. TommiK

Dear VG247,

it’s time you invested a few quid in a good plugin for WordPress. Even us, poor Poles, can afford things like that and we’re a blog too (with far fewer ads, though ;)

Here’s an example of what such a plugin can do: http://heavyrock.eu/blog/lamb-of-god-decapitated-huntress-w-uk-ekskluzywna-fotorelacja/

#9 2 months ago
  10. Froseidon

@DarkElfa – Why are people comparing the two games? I don’t get it. From my experience, Dragon Age and Witcher are nearly nothing alike other than they are listed as RPGs.

Comparing the two is stupid. Both a great games in their own regards, but they shouldn’t be compared. Plus, Witcher is solely next-gen, whereas Dragon Age is a sim-ship, so it has to built with both generations in mind.

#10 2 months ago
  11. budoshi

@Froseidon i dont get it either. anyway im excited on both genre and both games are looking really good.

#11 2 months ago
  12. VTchitcherine

@TheWulf

You’re quite wrong in addition to your usual obsession with degrading people into a simplistic duality , one half of whom you seem to scapegoat and hate irrationally. The initial Geralt in The Witcher 2 was quite young, comparatively thinner in the face with more defined cheekbones it was actually fans who suggested he be more like the first game with a rounder and older face.

Here’s an alpha promotional screenshot to refute your uh… claims; http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/object/143/14345201/TheWitcher2.jpg

#12 2 months ago
  13. djriful

I believe the game is pretty much done. 7-8 months polishing the game and engine optimization (I hope).

#13 2 months ago
  14. ChandlerL

@Froseidon – I’m with you, mate. Dragon Age: Inquisition looks fantastic- they’re doing great things with the Frostbite 3 engine. I’m also looking forward to Witcher 3 as well. And if devs make more RPGs of this type, I’ll buy them too.

#14 2 months ago
  15. Dimaco

Never played either of the two, so I was also tempted to compare Dragon Age Inquisition and this: can someone briefly tell the main differences? I’m more inclined to buy W3 (that does look better tbh)…

#15 2 months ago
  16. Druined

This screens looks great but this is only screens. I hope this part of Witcher will be the best:D

#16 2 months ago
  17. Panthro

@Druined

Actual gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAuiRfjTUs&feature=youtu.be

#17 2 months ago
  18. TommiK

New material: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPzRvurTlD4

#18 2 months ago
  19. DarkElfa

@Froseidon The comparison isn’t about the type of game but that given they’re both next gen games and do happen to be RPG’s, one is certainly better looking than the other.

#19 2 months ago
  20. BrokenSpline

@Article

The images don’t seem to work for chrome.

@Froseidon

Agreed!
    There is really no need to compare they are different games coming out in different windows of release. You can have both which I will be doing. Not sure why we have to say x is better than Y. I enjoyed both of these series for different reasons.

#20 2 months ago
  21. eTitan

@VTchitcherine

Thank you for doing that for me, I tire so often of TheWulf’s bullshit. At least he didn’t write an essay this time. As always he’s just making things up.

#21 2 months ago
  22. Llewelyn_MT

@Froseidon
    1. There is no “next-gen consoles” just yet (if they ever be). There is current generation.
    2. You’d be better off with a gaming PC. It’s a PC developer after all. Not only you get the best possible experience but you can also start off saving 20€ on this title alone (34€ if you get the digital edition on GOG.com).

#22 2 months ago
  23. sebastien rivas

Guys please don’t make comparison. The witcher is something really specific and beside being Fantasy, the witcher has very little in comparison with DA franchise.

This said, I want to elevate an arising issue and keep an a detailed eye on the evolution of the witcher.
    I see it is coming on consoles, good, great, I am happy for everyone who wishes this to happen but don’t make me understand you have to kill polygons or change/reduce rendering capabilities to make the game work on ALL platforms.
    Don;t listen and go the easy way then just like for watch dogs I’ll get my wallet out of the game.

#23 2 months ago