Dead Rising 3 confirmed for PC – here’s the announcement trailer

Thursday, 5th June 2014 16:18 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Dead Rising 3 is indeed heading to PC this summer, Capcom has announced, nixing its Xbox One exclusivity.

The PC version was announced today via the trailer posted above.

Come summer, you will be able to download it through Steam.

Earlier today, the game was outed on Steam Database, before the logo was deleted from Steam’s media mirror.

Check out the system requirements below:

Minimum System Requirements:

• OS: Windows 7 64-bit edition, Windows 8 64-bit edition
  • Processor: Intel Core i3-3220 @ 3.30GHz (or Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz) / AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3.00 GHz or higher
  • Memory: 6 GB RAM
  • Hard Drive: 30 GB free
  • Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 570 / AMD Radeon 7870 or higher
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Controller: Keyboard (international and standard), Mouse (up to 4 buttons), Xbox 360 PC compatible controller or compatible gamepad
  • Connection: Broadband internet connection and Steam account required

Recommended System Requirements:

• OS: Windows 7 64-bit edition, Windows 8 64-bit edition
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz or AMD equivalent Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Hard Drive: 30 GB free
  • Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 670 2GB / AMD Radeon 7970 2GB
  • DirectX: Version 11.1 or greater

Along with newer visuals for widescreen monitors, character textures have been upgraded along with backgrounds and various objects in the game.

The usual cloud support, Achievements, and Trading Cards will be added alongside global leaderboards. It will also include controller support, which is great news for those of you use them – especially now that drivers for the Xbox One controller are now available for PC.

So, yeah. Dead Rising 3 on PC. Are you going to nab it? I probably will.

1. Homer2014

Published by Capcom, so some time after M$ will release the game in Japan for x1 I bet that Capcom will release it for ps4

#1 2 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

Best Xbox One launch title IMO. Those Shoryuken gloves are brilliant.

#2 2 months ago
  3. salarta

Well hey, I might actually give this a closer look now! I don’t know if I’ll buy it, last time I looked at it I was thoroughly unimpressed, but I’ll at least look again.

#3 2 months ago
  4. silverstorm

Nice that MS is focusing a little on PC.

#4 2 months ago
  5. BrokenSpline

Hahah Exclusive business didn’t last long. I knew it wouldn’t.

#5 2 months ago
  6. Legendaryboss

Only possible on Xbox One they said… Announced for PC months later. Looks like Capcom are publishing this, can’t see the MS logo.

Wise.

#6 2 months ago
  7. CyberMarco

So much for an XBone exclusive.

Will it include all the DLC released, that’s the question!

#7 2 months ago
  8. heyvc

I think it is Too soon… Not even a year of exclusivity. I bet this is not good for Microsoft. They would benefit, now that the xbox will cost less, to still have a good exclusive. I know PC is different but still… it’s cheaper to buy on PC and if people were going to get an xbox one for this game, some may wait a little longer hoping it will come out on PS4 later.

#8 2 months ago
  9. YoungZer0

There goes the only reason to get the XBone.

#9 2 months ago
  10. CyberMarco

Also this: http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/556927-gamescom-2013-dead-rising-3-is-never-coming-to-ps4-or-pc

lol

#10 2 months ago
  11. Obernox

Just bring it to PS4. I would actually like to try this game out.

#11 2 months ago
  12. undermyrules

Those system req…..spicy oh boy……i played dead rising 2 2 years ago deleted it after 15 min…..i hope this will not be the same :D

#12 2 months ago
  13. Panthro

The only Xbox game I had a little bit of interest in so I’ve been waiting for this.

#13 2 months ago
  14. Hcw87

So, why not just announce it for PS4 while you’re at it? It’s strange that they’ll release it on PC but not on PS4. Maybe a Titanfall type thing. It still remains a Microsoft exclusive until they announce it for Sony platforms.

Sony waiting to announce their version at E3 could be an explanation.

#14 2 months ago
  15. salarta

@CyberMarco I’ve noticed that for a while now, “XBox exclusive” has only meant in terms of consoles. PC isn’t considered a true gaming platform by Microsoft.

Though the comment from the Capcom rep claiming it’d never come to PC is pretty damning for Capcom.

#15 2 months ago
  16. Legendaryboss

And that.

#16 2 months ago
  17. CyberMarco

@salarta Yeah, so the Xbox One is just a Halo-Box since most of the major exclusives (aka 3rd party games not released on the PS4) will come on PC. Dead Rising 3 now, Quantum Break later and maybe Sunset Overdrive (but I wouldn’t hold my breath on that).

#17 2 months ago
  18. Raynor

I bet we will finally see halo series on Pc with “better”visual quality… It’s only a matter time.

#18 2 months ago
  19. Raynor

@Raynor
    Rest of it!

#19 2 months ago
  20. Homer2014

@silverstorm it’s published by Capcom on steam, zero royalty for M$, what focus?

#20 2 months ago
  21. marporte

When I first heard of DR3 my reaction was”I will play the PS4 version” This isn’t the first time a game “produced by MGS” was exclusive and it then exploded to every other platform because MS paid for a head start instead of ponying up for the rights. Thats what happened to Limbo. The problem here is that DR3 will sell 5 times more in japan and US on PS4 and money MS paid to get it first will seem like a waste especially if the frame rate is better. Plus this is also Capcom we are talking about they only thing they have made exclusive for MS is Dino Crisis 3 and Steel Battalion and they ruined the latter with Kinect. Capcom still does way more AAA exclusive stuff for Sony and Nintendo in the long run.

#21 2 months ago
  22. salarta

@CyberMarco I actually encourage the games coming onto PC because it’s literally the only way I will ever play them. Likewise, I wouldn’t mind Sony’s games coming to PC. I think PC is a good middle ground area where, say, 5-6 years later the first-party title could show up without any issues.

#22 2 months ago
  23. CPC_RedDawn

First and foremost the game is great, played it on my mates XB1 and it was tons of fun but the graphics were a little subpar (tons of jaggies) and the frame rate was plain to see, horrendous!

Now Capcom are publishing and developing this themselves for PC, I have high hopes as most of the their other PC ports have been very well optimized and perform really well on a range of systems.

Resident Evil 6 runs maxed out capped at 30fps on my second rig which consists of a old Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz 2GB HD7770 4GB 1066MHz RAM and it runs very well. As does Resident Evil 4, Lost Planet 1 and 2, Resi 5, All the Street Fighters run very very well 60fps maxed out with 2xMSAA.

So for my second rig and my main rig which consists of a 4770K @ 4.5GHz, 16GB 1866MHz RAM, and a 3GB 7970 @ 1150/1650 it should be ok.

However, those specs they released are INSANE! For a game even of this caliber. Sure there are lots of zombies on screen at one time but really!? A GTX570 as minimum!??? That is total BS.

Also I like how they list a 2GB 7970 as the recommended GPU specs when ALL 7970′s come with 3GB VRAM.

#23 2 months ago
  24. Takeshi

@salarta Exactly. That’s why I would love it if the Halo series could be released on PC after MS has concluded that they’re not selling anymore.

But because of Halo: The Master Chief Collection they probably want people to buy it on Xbox One, no point in them porting Halo 1-4 to PC if they can sell some more consoles.

Hell, why the fuck hasn’t Halo 1 been made available for digital download?

#24 2 months ago