Uncharted 3 FREE for US PSN members now

Wednesday, 4th June 2014 14:01 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception is a free download for PlayStation Network users in the United States.

You don’t need a PS Plus account either, and since the multiplayer portion is already free, you can play the entire experience for nada.

To make sure the listing wasn’t a fluke, Game Informer tried it out and sure enough, it downloads Uncharted 3 with zero issues.

Free is always a great deal, especially for those who have yet to play Drake’s third adventure, or for those who just want another go-round.

1. galbalazs87

And no love for the European PSN users? :)

#1 3 months ago
  2. grizzlycake

A nice promotion to get people pumped for Uncharted 4 at E3.

Right?

#2 3 months ago
  3. salarta

The game’s been free on U.S. PSN for about a week, though I don’t know if it was purely free for PS Plus members or for everyone at that time.

Fair warning, the download requires a LOT of space. If you want to download all the packs (including the language packs), I believe you need over 80 GB. If you download only the very specific packs of the single player experience, the 2D and 3D movies (though I hear you only need one or the other), and the multiplayer pack, you’ll probably need to clear something like 45 GB. I know the 40 GB claimed by the download isn’t enough; I had 40 GB total free and when I got to the last pack, I had to delete more. All in all, I had to delete something like 4 or 5 downloaded games to make room, including inFAMOUS and RAIN (which I hadn’t finished and planned to do so until I had to make room for Uncharted 3).

#3 3 months ago
  4. CyberMarco

Actually I found it first, so hooray for me! :P

#4 3 months ago
  5. Legendaryboss

#5 3 months ago
  6. CyberMarco

@galbalazs87 You can always create a US account and play the game with your primary account.

#6 3 months ago
  7. salarta

@CyberMarco I used that trick in the past when I wanted to play a demo of Bayonetta before it released in the states. It’s been a while since I used it, I think mainly because I haven’t heard of any Japanese demos I’m dying to play.

#7 3 months ago
  8. mistermogul

@galbalazs87 – We’ve had Uncharted 3 on Instant game collection for ages…

Or did you mean a different free game?

#8 3 months ago
  9. galbalazs87

@mistermogul Sure, I meant another game.

#9 3 months ago
  10. Hcw87

That’s PSN for you. US only when it comes to preloading, pre-purchasing and quite a few nice deals. They have a LONG way to go for parity between US/EU content/system-wise. I was hoping they’d improve this along with their long maintenance times, but no luck. I guess paying for PSN doesn’t mean much. Certainly does not feel like a premium service.

#10 3 months ago
  11. Lounds

To say the EU countries prefer PS3 over 360 (excluding UK where 360 is majority) it’s kinda of a sham. It’s to intice US gamers to buy a cheap PS3 and download this so they buy more games but would of been nice for EU to have a free game.

#11 3 months ago
  12. zoopdeloop

@Hcw87
    At least tell us that someone pays you to keep doing this…you know

#12 3 months ago