Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare images, story, pre-orders detailed

Saturday, 3rd May 2014 14:18 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare story details, screenshots and pre-order bonuses have been announced by Activision so you can prepare yourself for “the Next Generation Advanced Soldier.”

codaw header

The Sledgehammer Games-developed Advanced Warfare is the first game created with three-year development cycle in the series, according to the firm, and features all-new, exoskeleton gameplay mechanics touting a “new vision” for the franchise.

“We’ve made several key decisions with an eye towards creative excellence on Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare,” said Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg. “We’ve really approached this game differently. This is our first three-year development cycle. It’s our first time with Sledgehammer Games at the creative helm. And we’re shaking up the formula in several ways.

“New core gameplay mechanics with the exoskeleton suit. A riveting new story. An iconic new character played by one of the world’s best actors in Kevin Spacey. We’re having a lot of fun making this game, and we think the world is going to have even more fun playing it.”

The storyline in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is ripped-from-the-headlines-of-tomorrow, during the year 2054. Players will don the fatigues of an advanced soldier for a private military corporation. This corporation has the power to rescue humanity from a “devastated world struggling to rebuild after a global attack on its military and infrastructure.”

Using exoskeleton abilities and high-tech gear, players are part of a “highly-trained, specialized unit” committed to restoring order.

“It’s been a lot of fun working with the team to bring Jonathan Irons to life,” said Kevin Spacey who plays the main villain and head of the Atlas Corporation in the shooter. “The technology is truly remarkable and unlike anything I’ve done before. I’m excited to see where this goes.”

Here’s a breakdown of the game’s features thus far:

An Advanced World:

• Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare takes place in a plausible future in which technological progress and today’s military practices have converged with powerful consequences.
  • In this carefully researched and crafted vision of the future, Private Military Corporations (PMCs) have become the dominant armed forces for countless nations outsourcing their military needs, redrawing borders and rewriting the rules of war.
  • And Jonathan Irons, the founder and president of the world’s largest PMC – Atlas Corporation – is at the center of it all.

An Advanced Soldier:

• Powerful exoskeletons evolve every aspect of a soldier’s battle readiness, enabling combatants to deploy with an advanced lethality and eliminating the need for specialization.
  • The introduction of this gameplay mechanic delivers enhanced player movement and verticality through boost jumps and grappling, covert cloaking abilities, and biomechanics that provide unparalleled strength, awareness, endurance, and speed.
  • With the advent of the exoskeleton and newly advanced armor and weaponry, every soldier commands tactical freedom in any terrain unlike ever before, fundamentally changing the way gamers play Call of Duty across all modes.

An Advanced Arsenal:

• Harnessing the power of next-gen platforms, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare brings players into the battlegrounds of the future by boasting a new hi-tech, advanced arsenal and ability set, arming players with all-new equipment, technology, perks, and vehicles like hoverbikes and highly specialized drones.
  • Players can also choose between standard ammunition and an all-new class of directed-energy weaponry that enables totally new gameplay dynamics.
  • And with exoskeletons delivering a massive force multiplier and unprecedented tactical freedom, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare evolves every firefight.

Starting today, those who pre-order Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare at retail will receive various bonuses depending on retailer.

GameStop is offering a personalization pack for those who order early, which can be used in Call of Duty: Ghosts and Black Ops 2 now. If you trade in any games or accessories towards the pre-order, PowerUp Rewards Pro Members will also be handed 40% extra in-store credit. You can have a look at what the personalization pack contains in the video below.

“Power Changes Everything” on November 4 for PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. As per usual, all add-on content will be released first on Xbox consoles.

1. Xbone

Ive got only 1 question and this is a deal breaker for me: Does this game has the same engine? Quake 3? Cause if the answer is yes, im not interested. It means they still dont give a shit about it and just here to poop out another CoD.

#1 4 months ago
  2. mxmassef

@Xbone
    I reckon that it has the same engine but Im actually kinda hyped for this game :) . The exoskeleton and all other futuristic stuff might change the gameplay and make it feel fresh.

#2 4 months ago
  3. Reddpayn

@Xbone
    Yes, the engine is just a upgraded version of the old one. Im still not going to ditch my interest yet bacause i want to seehow they have implemented the exoskeletons into the mp (if they even have :) ). But we dont even know how big the engine upgrade is, so better to wait for the e3 and see.

#3 4 months ago
  4. Legendaryboss

OMG! Kevin Spacey! OMG! Future! OMG! MGS4 Inspired! OMG! Exoskeletons! OMG! November 4th! OMG! PMCs!

The House of CODs ladies and gentlemen.

#4 4 months ago
  5. Rosseu

So it’s really not next-gen?

#5 4 months ago
  6. stretch215

So now we’re judging how fun a game is by what engine it runs on? Talk about entitlement.

#6 4 months ago
  7. mxmassef

@Legendaryboss
    There is nothing wrong in COD :)

#7 4 months ago
  8. DoubleM

Kevin Spacey needs a mustache as the “President of the world’s largest PMC”.

#8 4 months ago
  9. DoubleM

Also, the game looks awesome. It kind of looks like Crysis with awesome set-pieces, and that’s good.

#9 4 months ago
  10. Panthro

Might be good.

Looking at the last 5 games though I would have to actually play it to decide.
    I can only take so many shit games from one company before I lose hope for the rest of there games, I will still give it a chance if I play it as someone’s house, I definitely wont be buying it though.

#10 4 months ago
  11. Xbone

@stretch215 No. We judge the game by how much the devs dont care and how much cheap talking they doing. They say it will be a next-gen experience… by bringing the same game again. This happened last year.

#11 4 months ago
  12. Citrus raptor

I didn’t know Kevin Spacey was the founder of Elysium…

#12 4 months ago
  13. Druined

It looks nice. This CoD can be berret than previous.

#13 4 months ago
  14. EdgizAwesome

”Get ready for the next gen experience you have been waiting for since next-gen came out!!! (Also coming on xbox 360 and ps3).” Does this shit actual fool anybody? Oh, it does? …. Fuck this planet i’m out.

#14 4 months ago
  15. martiandynamite

I have never been a COD fan, and I just happen to know just a little bit about game engines. Have always thought the COD engines were markedly below average as they were just a minor upgrade to the previous, And I also know that there has not been an angine bult from scratch in 16 years, all engine have an ancestor. However I can assure anyone that doesn’t believe this is for all intensive purposes A radically new engine built first and foremost for next gen and pc. You are ingrossly and inexcusably misguided . My little furry friends as far as the engin goes, we are looking at something very special here.

#15 4 months ago
  16. martiandynamite

@mxmassef wake up

#16 4 months ago
  17. martiandynamite

@mxmassef wake up

#17 4 months ago
  18. martiandynamite

I have never been a COD fan, and I just happen to know just a little bit about game engines. Have always thought the COD engines were markedly below average as they were just a minor upgrade to the previous, And I also know that there has not been an engine bult from scratch in 16 years, all engines have an ancestor. However I can assure anyone that doesn’t believe this is for all intensive purposes A radically new engine built first and foremost for next gen and pc. You are ingrossly and inexcusably misguided . My little furry friends as far as the engine goes, we are looking at something very special here.

#18 4 months ago
  19. Matthew_Greg

@stretch215 Dude, how can you be co blind? Developers are fooling you. Year after your CoD players complain about how underdeveloped the game is and still they buy it.

#19 4 months ago
  20. martiandynamite

as said I’m not a call of duty fan, and all people are not me, I don’t buy call of dutys games for that very reason. They have been fooling people for years, how ever we are looking at somthing entirely different here. It looks like Activision have actually spent some of that 1 billion dollars a year in RND

#20 4 months ago
  21. martiandynamite

Ask said I’m not a call of duty fan, and all people are not me, I don’t buy call of dutys games for that very reason. They have been fooling people for years, how ever we are looking at somthing entirely different here. It looks like Activision have actually spent some of that 1 billion dollars a year in RND

#21 4 months ago
  22. Reddpayn

@martiandynamite
    Have you even played cod recently, cos you said that you dont buy those games?

#22 4 months ago
  23. martiandynamite

@Reddpayn I have played it briefly at a friends place, I consider the COD franchise to be the greatest video gaming joke of the 21st century. An absolute disgrace. And I have been gaming for more then 30 years, That said reddpayn if the trailer is anything to go by and with COD it generally is. What your looking at is not just a new engine. But it looks like they have gone all out and spent a lot of there money on it for the first time. Only time will tell .that said when it comes to these kinds of things, your going to find I’m right.

#23 4 months ago
  24. martiandynamite

@Reddpayn yes I have played it briefly at a friends place, I consider the COD franchise to be the greatest video gaming joke of the 21st century. An absolute disgrace. And I have been gaming for more then 30 years, That said reddpayn if the trailer is anything to go by and with COD it generally is. What your looking at is not just a new engine. But it looks like they have gone all out and spent a lot of there money on it for the first time. Only time will tell .that said when it comes to these kinds of things, your going to find I’m right.

#24 4 months ago
  25. Erthazus

LOL. It’s the same shit like Ghosts.

If someone said that they improved something these guys are morons. As I said. The same engine. Same assets. Nothing new.

#25 4 months ago
  26. martiandynamite

@Erthazus wake up. and go and have a cup of tea. Lol same enging as ghosts. Can you please please post another post like that, me and my friends can’t stop laughing. If you continue ejaculating into a spoon and then transferring that seminal fluid into a hypodermic needle then shooting Up your own baby gravy, then your in danger of believing your own bullshit. Lol I’m still cracking up,

#26 4 months ago
  27. martiandynamite

@Erthazus lol morons. A nice cup of tea will help you. But please stay off the population paste.

#27 4 months ago
  28. martiandynamite

@Erthazus and if I learn that your back on the cock custard. I will find out who you are and tell your mummy, as I really do believe you may need a spanking.

#28 4 months ago
  29. martiandynamite

Lol I would not piss on call if duty as a game. But this engine is not only new, but radically new, and anyone that says otherwise will be requiring an intellectual tongue lashing.

#29 4 months ago