Warframe developer Digital Extremes is rolling out the free shooter’s 13th update ‘Dark Sectors’ now, along with a pair of trailers that show off the new content.
The first clip above gives an overview of what you can expect, while the second shows off the new Hydroid Warframe, which is included in the new content drop:
In a press release, Digital Extremes confirmed that the new Hydroid Warframe comes with a rather soggy move-set, including Tempest Barrage, which calls down a powerful rain, Undertow, which creates a water trap, and Tidal Surge, which hits foes with a wall of water.
Here’s the full change-list and we’ve also got screens of the content below:
- MELEE 2.0 – Your melee weapons have never been so powerful and your Warframe never so agile! Fully equip your melee weapon, add Combo Chaining, Equip State and Stance Mods and realize an entirely new melee system for your Warframe. Block attacks, combine moves, become more ninja!
- DARK SECTORS – End game is in the lost outposts of the Solar System. Ready your Clan and build Solar Rails to lay claim to these Dark Sectors on the Star Map. Collect Tribute, a form of transit fare, from everyone who uses your rail but stay alert, Tenno — other Clans can try to overtake your Sector. Here’s a video tutorial explaining more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIK7RulwT9o
- NEW WEAPONS - ATTICA – Quickly fire off a volley of deadly bolts with the Attica Repeating Crossbow.
- NAMI SKYLA – Like the surge and crash of storm waves, a master of the Nami cutlass and Skyla dagger turns these two separate weapons into one fluid attack.
- NIKANA – The Nikana Katana reintroduces a lost Tenno blade and with it another fragment of the old ways.
- NEW PRIME WEAPON – Lex Prime joins the ranks of elite Prime weapons.
- MELEE WEAPON ATTACHMENTS – Four new SUGATRA Melee Weapon Attachments display the martial finesse and skill of its master.
- NEW WEAPON SKINS – The Shock Camo Skins’ bold patterns are designed to confuse the optical processing of both robotic and organic enemies.
- NEW ENEMIES – Vay Hek’s Prosecutors and Guardsmen pose new threats. Find the elemental damage type they’re vulnerable to and take them down!
- NEW SENTINEL SKIN – Add the Para Skin to your Carrier! The perfect companion for the new Hydroid Warframe.
- EXPANDED TILESET – Explore this new Grineer Shipyard Tileset in the Ceres planetary region.
- DOJO CUSTOMIZATION – Ten new Dojo Rooms are now available!