Dishonored 2 E3 2014 reveal flagged by mysterious slide

Monday, 3rd March 2014 21:20 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Dishonored’s much-requested sequel is the subject of today’s super dubious Internet rumblings, with an E3 2014 reveal on the cards.

dishonored_2

According to an off-screen photo of a slide from some sort of presentation, Dishonored 2 will be fully revealed at E3 in June. The existence of the slide, should it be genuine, suggests it will be shown or discussed before the event, at least behind closed doors.

The slide carries the hashtag Darkness of Tyvia, which currently returns no results not connected to the alleged leak.

The image was first posted by AllGamesBeta, attributed to an anonymous, unverified email tip-off.

Take this with all the cynicism you should apply to unattributed images that just pop up on the Internet; it’s not hard to grab the Arkane and Bethesda logos, whack ‘em on a PowerPoint, and take a picture of your projector – while it is quite hard to get anything through Bethesda’s NDAs, and industry insiders have little to gain by leaking information.

E3 2014 will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Centre from June 10 through 12.

The first Dishonored game released in 2012 to critical acclaim and significant commercial success. Bethesda boss Pete Hines described it as a “new franchise”, and Arkane Studios hasn’t teased or revealed any other projects since wrapping DLC, making a sequel seem quite likely.

1. Erthazus

After Thief fiasco, i’m officially interested. I hope for a more focus on stealth and less teleportation magic. In fact, it would be better without that ability.

#1 7 months ago
  2. fearmonkey

I enjoyed Dishonored but felt the world could have been more interesting, and would prefer less wierdness like the heart. I didnt mind the teleportation but wanted more stealth options.

#2 7 months ago
  3. Dark

OMG YES!!!

#3 7 months ago
  4. Edo

Holy fuck ,that came right out of left field,PLEASE BE TRUE!!

#4 7 months ago
  5. PrinceEV

YES! YES! Hail to Corvo Attano!

#5 7 months ago
  6. YoungZer0

What about the rumors that they would be working on Prey 2?

I really hope they do more world building.

#6 7 months ago
  7. TheWulf

That’s a bizarre thing to say. Thief had some of the worst worldbuilding and writing I’ve seen in years, that was one of the biggest points of criticism on many of the reviews I read (along with the lack of thievery), whereas Dishonored was actually really well written. Too dystopian for my tastes, and too grim, but otherwise it was interesting and had a great deal of uniqueness to it. (A uniqueness that the new Thief tried to pilfer, badly, instead of staying true to its own background.)

I don’t know, I mean, considering you’re a massive Thief fan, that’s just a really, really strange thing for you to say. That’s kind of like coming away from Twilight and thinking that it was better written than War & Peace.

#7 7 months ago
  8. YoungZer0

@TheWulf

Huh? I don’t know why you’re suddenly talking about Thief. I didn’t mention Thief at all here. Nor did I ever say I was a fan of the series, let alone a massive one. Nor did I say anywhere that the writing was great or better than the one we’ve gotten in Dishonoured.

I’m currently playing the new Thief and the story already seems to be a huge mess. Which was to be expected. Shows all the traits of a troubled development.

I don’t care though, the gameplay is fun and addictive and the world is rich in detail. Even on lower settings it looks amazing thanks to it’s art-direction and great lighting.

What I meant with asking for more world building is; I think the world is far more interesting (or at least could be) than the main plot or the gameplay of Dishonoured. All the mystery surrounding the Outsider is fascinating stuff and I miss seeing more like this. The writing is great, but the main story of Dishonoured never made me care. The outsider on the other hand …

#8 7 months ago
  9. dkpunk

Yes! Loved this game.

#9 7 months ago
  10. johnapocalypse

Ohhhhhhh Shiiiiiiitttttt!

#10 7 months ago
  11. Edo

@YoungZer0
    I thing that’s still happening,you have to know that there is Arkane Studios based in Lyon,France(probably working on Dishonored 2) and than there’s Austin,Texas Arkane which is(again probably)working on Prey 2…just accept that the Prey 2 as we knew it,and saw it from Human Head Studios is no more and guys from Arkane(supposedly) are describing their iteration of Prey 2 as “the spiritual successor to System Shock”.

#11 7 months ago
  12. Telepathic.Geometry

Yay!!! More Dishonored can only be a good thing! ^-^

#12 7 months ago
  13. Max Payne

@Edo
    System Shock you say ? That can’t be bad.

#13 7 months ago
  14. Edo

@Max Payne
    Yeah,but I think we already got that …it’s called Bioshock :) .

#14 7 months ago