Homefront 2 early test footage shows remote-controlled car, multiplayer menus & more

Wednesday, 22nd January 2014 11:59 GMT By Dave Cook

Homefront 2 test footage appears to have been posted online last August, but it has only just been brought to our attention. The video shows a user driving a remote-controlled car device around an unfinished environment, then cycling through some Crytek-branded menus.

Homefront_2_Gameplay_early_Version_hd720 by dm_521042e7d5663

Again, this video first appeared on DailyMotion user dm_521042e7d5663′s feed in August 2013, but it has just been brought to our attention. At the time of writing it only received some 14,000 views, so we’re guessing it wasn’t widely reported at the time.

It follows these work-in-progress Homefront 2 promotional images.

What do you think of the above?

Thanks Ali.

1. Max Payne

Its generic as it gets.

#1 3 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 ?????????????

It’s far from finished, and is a mere test. You cannot make a call on the quality of the finished product, at all. Not even close.

#2 3 months ago
  3. SplatteredHouse

“it has only just been brought to our attention” No. I don’t think that’s accurate. I am fairly sure I’ve seen this posted either on site, or forum here, before. Around…August time, probably.

#3 3 months ago
  4. Fin

Seems quite pretty – NG by the look of it.

#4 3 months ago
  5. Dave Cook

@3 I searched the site and couldn’t see it man. I wouldn’t purposely re-post something for no reason :/

#5 3 months ago
  6. SplatteredHouse

@5 no intent to complain there. (noharmnofoul)
    Just pointing out my belief that the statement was inaccurate. The footage was brought to your attention at the time: http://www.vg247.com/forum/topic.php?id=66&page=158#post-82716
    My only reason really for mentioning it, was that my immediate reaction to this piece on seeing the title was: Wait, doesn’t that sound kind of familiar. But, maybe not everybody saw it at the time.

#6 3 months ago
  7. Pytox

this will probably be xbone timed exclusive too as it’s crytek and ea

#7 3 months ago
  8. Dave Cook

@6 I know there was no complaint :)

#8 3 months ago
  9. Moonwalker1982

Doesn’t seem to play for me, the video that is.

#9 3 months ago
  10. Panthro

^ Me too

You can click the link below it though and it takes you to Dailymotion.

#10 3 months ago
  11. Legendaryboss

LOL at Neogaf :) someone linked the ‘Slowpoke’ Pokemon. Thats actually clever.

#11 3 months ago
  12. dontbescaredhomie92

@2 No true, but you can go off the steaming pile of horse shite that it’s predecessor was…

#12 3 months ago
  13. Panthro

Different development teams entirely.

It’s like judging The Fellowship of The Ring by watching The Lord of The Rings (1978) and saying, all following movies set in Middle Earth are going to be “steaming piles of horse shite”

#13 3 months ago