Borderlands 2 PS Vita release date revealed in error, 2K says

Tuesday, 21st January 2014 10:33 GMT By Dave Cook

Borderlands 2 publisher 2K Games confirmed the shooter’s PS Vita release date, but then quickly deleted the announcement. The company has now clarified the matter.

UPDATE 2: 2K has clarified that the release date post was made in error over on Twitter:

UPDATE: 2K has since deleted the below tweet, suggesting that it was either posted prematurely, or the date is wrong. We’ve asked them for an update. Stay tuned.

ORIGINAL STORY: It came straight from the 2K Twitter feed this morning:

Let us know if you plan on picking it up.

1. Nam3M3King

Boom! Ain’t played borderlands 2 since release but deffo picking this up of it’s like console game

#1 7 months ago
  2. Dragon

I didn’t expect the release date to be so close. So little info on a game that is less than 2 months to release. Not even a screenshot.
    Not feeling too confident.

#2 7 months ago
  3. Tormenter

Isn’t the screen a bit too small to be playing games like this.. I think I’d, personally, find it a bit fiddly.

#3 7 months ago
  4. RichyBigPants

March 18th 2015…..?

#4 7 months ago
  5. wamp

2k deleted that message?

#5 7 months ago
  6. CyberMarco

But will it be the “goty” GoTY edition, including all the DLC?

I have a feeling it wont…

#6 7 months ago
  7. mistermogul

I was gonna get this but won’t now I got it on PS3 for “free” with PS+…

@3 – Killzone is very playable on Vita so this prob will be too I’d have thought…

#7 7 months ago
  8. Pytox

http://i.imgur.com/qvjCYrC.jpg :P

#8 7 months ago
  9. fihar

That’s what I was thinking as well.
    It’d be ridiculous if this is indeed the vanilla version.

#9 7 months ago
  10. ThePhenomenalC

Yeah they’ve actually retracted that Tweet and said that the release date given is false.
    Damn!

Hey I commented as the edit went up :)

#10 7 months ago
  11. feopoli

I heard bout a rumor which stated that this version will follow the same story of the original borderlands 2 but with some changes.
    If these “changes” are worth buying the game also on vita then I might consider it.
    Among all there isn’t an actual reason about this porting… specially when it comes free on the PS+.

#11 7 months ago
  12. Legendaryboss

This is either going to be a crap port, a stealth release or a good port.

Two are a certainty based on Sony’s track record.

#12 7 months ago