Beyond: Two Souls sold over 1 million copies in 2013, moved 70,088 in France alone

Friday, 10th January 2014 20:03 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Beyond: Two Souls sold over 1 million copies worldwide in 2013, and in France alone, the game moved 70,088 copies, according to a tweet from Quantic Dream co-CEO Guillaume de Fondaumière. The game sold better than Heavy Rain in it’s first 12 weeks on shelves in the region, the tweet continued. Beyond: Two Souls was released in October. Thanks: NeoGAF, Dragon.

1. CycloneFox

This game deserves it. You may argue, if it is better or worse than Heavy Rain and in the first part of the game, the many jumps back and forth are confusing.
    (For me it was confusing, until I realized, that you jump from the adulthood, which is chronological, back to different parts of the childhood)
    But there were so many good moments where the game had me a hundred percent and really surprised me. The actors did a great job and the graphics were flawless which is a fact, that makes the game really immersive.

#1 3 months ago
  2. monkeygourmet

This is in my Christmas pile along with Dragons Crown! Haven’t started it yet, can’t wait! :)

#2 3 months ago
  3. KAP

This is a “fuck you” to everyone that was down on this game… LOL

#3 3 months ago
  4. AsianGameing

mmmmmmmmmm not bad , hop he next game give us more game , not just QTA and mass up story O_o

#4 3 months ago
  5. DarkElfa

Twilight made like 5 Billion from films and books. Profit and popularity do not equal quality.

#5 3 months ago
  6. pukem0n

1 Mio actually is nothing for an exclusive for a games console with over 77 mio units out there, isn’t it?

#6 3 months ago
  7. Max Payne

There was article about budget for Beyond , but I am too lazy to find. So its easy to calculate are they making money( I think they do, because it wasn’t big budget).

#7 3 months ago
  8. Ireland Michael

Heavy Rain was sadly a much better game.

Beyond: Two Soul’s story was an absolute mess. Everything that could be bad about a story was bad about it. Its sad, because it actually starts quite well. As soon as you reach Navajo though, the entire narrative just plummets into the ground.

I almost never trade in my games, but this was in the bargain bin within the fortnight.

#8 3 months ago
  9. loveaya

I don’t like Beyond. Heavy Rain is so much better than it. I prefer playing Indigo Prophecy.

#9 3 months ago
  10. _LarZen_

For a game in that genera the sales numbers aint bad. I enjoyed it allot and cant wait for more games like it.

#10 3 months ago
  11. Tr0n

I enjoyed the game a lot. Here’s hoping Cage learns from this and makes an even better game on PS4. :)

#11 3 months ago