Dyling Light gameplay footage shows more than stupid zombie blasting

Tuesday, 17th December 2013 22:46 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Dying Light hails from the same studio as Dead Island but this new ten minute gameplay trailer makes it look like quite a different affair; rather than mowing down fields of zombies till your machete breaks, it seems to involve more survival elements.

The missions shown here is from an early part of the game and stresses the importance of the player having shelter by nightfall, when shit gets real. Even in daylight, it seems you’ll need to avoid the hordes rather than confront them, and use traps and distractions to get away.

Dyling Light is an open world survival horror coming to PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in 2014.

Thanks, Shack News.

1. yeoung

From leisurely zombie skipping to harrowing nighttime terror. Good demo.

#1 9 months ago
  2. Hcw87

Looks nice, but i’m wondering how quickly this will get old, as both Dead Island 1 and 2 got pretty stale after a few hours. Can’t go around doing the same missions all the time.

#2 9 months ago
  3. lexph3re

Damn I want this game

#3 9 months ago
  4. Captain_Iglo

Looks great but again I do hope they will remove the bar in the middle of the screen on the hud or at least give us an option to remove all those kind of stuff which ruin the immersion. Cant wait though.

#4 9 months ago
  5. yeoung

@2:

Outside of the missions though, herding zombies and playing nighttime tag with some friends might be fun. Seeing as it’s open world, you could pretty much create your own horde mode gameplay and race challenges.

There’s a lot of fun outside of the box

#5 9 months ago
  6. andreaaragon77

you make 76 bucks per hour that great going girl good for you! My story is that I quit working at Shoprite to work online, seriously I couldn’t be happier I work when I want and where I want. And with a little effort I easily bring in $35h and sometimes even as much as 85 euro/hr… heres a good example of what i’m doing, http://goo.gl/j869zd

#6 9 months ago
  7. mehdidante

with this so many zombie games i think history is repeating (u remember WW2 games ) . be creative guys .

#7 9 months ago