Gran Turismo 6 getting GPS course-maker app after launch

Wednesday, 6th November 2013 12:32 GMT By Dave Cook

Gran Turismo 6 developer Polyphony Digital has updated its racer’s website with details of a new GPS map-making mobile app that recreates real-world routes as you drive them.

The update reads, “This feature, available at a later stage through an update, will allow you to create your own custom tracks that can be driven in the game.

“Additionally, in another update we will add the possibility to generate a track by capturing the GPS coordinate data of a mobile app while you are driving that course. This GPS-generated tracks will be available in the game as playable content.”

Do you think this is a nice feature? Would you use it? Let us know below.

Meanwhile, here’s a list of Gran Turismo 6′s 1197 cars.

Via MCV.

1. redwood

now THIS is interesting.

#1 5 months ago
  2. Super Girevik

I can finally drive 100mph in my neighborhood!

#2 5 months ago
  3. truth

@2 I’m with you on that one :)

#3 5 months ago
  4. CyberMarco

Nice concept!

#4 5 months ago
  5. VibraniumSpork

Well I live in Norwich so all I could provide was an Alan Partridge-themed track set in and around the City Centre…maybe with a quick detour to Swaffham. But will you be able to do it from the virtual confines of a Rover 800? That’s the real question.

#5 5 months ago
  6. Bloobat

@5 haha I’m from Norwich aswell you could do a quick hotlap through the market and up round the cathedral. Thing is I wonder how it works with regards height mapping

#6 5 months ago
  7. gomersoul

Awesome, now I really can race home from work! Now all we need is a ps4 version and you have yourselves a customer Sony!

#7 5 months ago
  8. MrWaffles

Did anyone here ever play V-Rally 2? The course-builder was fucking amazing (unrealistic by today’s standards, but extremely fun).

There’s a downhill road that I use to go to work, it should be really fun in GT6.

Hope these are sharable!