Oddness of Call of Duty Ghosts’ Free Fall map demonstrated in upsetting trailer

Thursday, 31st October 2013 17:50 GMT By Phil Owen

If you pre-order Call of Duty: Ghosts, you get a multiplayer map called Free Fall, in which you play in a section of a skyscraper that has fallen over and is resting on its side between its own base and a nearby building. This trailer shows you how that is cool and frightening.

I think that shot of of the water pouring out of the urinals onto the wall is gonna be one of the standout visuals of the year. Also, falling through the floor… yikes.

1. hives

Why the hell it wants 6GB of RAM…? :p

#1 1 year ago
  2. DSB

BECAUSE SHOCKING!

Nope, never getting tired of that one.

In b4 “that falling building looks so boring, I like that other falling building in that other game much better”.

Go. Go. You know you can’t help it.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Erthazus

Falling building. It doesn’t have one. It has scripted cardboard textures from 2002.

@1, Because Infinity Ward has the worst designers, programmers in the industry. That’s why.

#3 1 year ago
  4. runbmp

The soundtrack might have been a little too much over the top for this video…

It actually made the game look and feel even more lackluster.

I guess it doesn’t matter if it makes money.

#4 1 year ago
  5. absolutezero

Thats actually genuinely pretty fucking cool

#5 1 year ago
  6. DSB

@3 Let’s play Commenter Bingo (TM)

I’d say that’s worth half a ticket right there.

Now, someone is going to violently reproach that statement.

If so, I reserve the right to claim victory in Commenter Bingo (TM).

#6 1 year ago
  7. _LarZen_

Oh man! That is one sick map! Counting down the days now…

#7 1 year ago
  8. YoungZer0

Can’t even tell wtf is going on in this one.

#8 1 year ago
  9. FuntimeBen

Nope.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Hcw87

They got nothing on Battlefield, that’s for sure.

And those visuals, man. Terribad.

Who actually thinks they’ll make a new engine for the CoD 2014 game? I don’t.

#10 1 year ago
  11. bradk825

Man the collapses really fuck with everything. It’s going to be cool/nausiating.

@10 Come now. I have been playing BF4 this week, multiplayer visuals and not as good as what’s in this video. Single player looks great but MP not so much. It’s a fun game and it tries hard, but it doesn’t beat COD.

And no, of course there won’t be a new engine two years in a row, not unless they go next-gen only next year, which I also can’t see. Makes no business sense since there will still be millions on prev-gen.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Erthazus

@11, “I have been playing BF4 this week, multiplayer visuals and not as good as what’s in this video. ”

If you are playing a 360 version then please STOP talking some c***. You don’t even allowed to have opinion here about graphics.

Battlefield 4 has incredible Next Gen visuals with incredible physics based gameplay and CoD is not even close to what DICE has done with the game.

#12 1 year ago
  13. zinc

So your dog will be in the MP? I had to keep Dogmeat in the house… Do NOT want to my buddy bite the bullet :(

#13 1 year ago
  14. Hcw87

The 360 version of BF4 is far superior to any CoD game graphically.

#14 1 year ago
  15. DSB

BINGO!

@8 I know, isn’t it awesome? I mean it’s not Gotham City Impostors awesome, but running around in a highrise that is literally folding back onto itself? Count me in.

I’m worried that it’s gonna be a huge disappointment, but this really looks like fun.

It’s missing a catchy techno buzzname though. What about “Foldolution”?

#15 1 year ago
  16. Erthazus

@16, There is “Foldolution” since the first CoD where are only scripted moments of Cardboard textures falling from Bobby Kottick’s order.

and there is a fish AI that is a true next gen buzzword with a dog that barks like in real life.

:D

#16 1 year ago
  17. _LarZen_

@17 Why not buy a PC if graphics are so important?

#17 1 year ago
  18. Legendaryboss

Don’t acknowledge the alter ego idiot.

#18 1 year ago
  19. POOhead

@3 you clearly dont know anything about developing games, what they have done with the engine over the years is pretty impressive

#19 1 year ago
  20. Lounds

Is it me but this looks no different to MW2?

#20 1 year ago
  21. cromero

Oh so that how it’s dynamic by falling and breaking concrete… i went in bot mode cause the map wasn’t going in rotation… so i went around and shot the windows were i could see them and they didnt break and i was like this is bull.

#21 11 months ago