PlayStation 4 “Best Place to Play” video touts up exclusive content, games in development

Wednesday, 23rd October 2013 17:59 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has released a video detailing why it thinks PlayStation 4 is the “Best Place 4 the Players to Play,” citing things such as having over 180 games in development, which it says is “more than any other nex-gen console.”

The US video also touts up the exclusive content agreement between Ubisoft and Sony, which will see Watch Dogs and Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag content land on PS4 first.

Time exclusive content will be on PS4 for six months before anywhere else, and Ubisoft may or may not release it elsewhere – as with the Benedict Arnold in Assassin’s Creed 3.

Watch it below. The console lands in stores next month.

1. fearmonkey

Nice Video – But all they needed to place up was $399.00 and We don’t force you to buy a camera.

#1 1 year ago
  2. XanderZane

Only a couple decent games at launch. Gotta wait for Infamous SS. Of those 180 games, how many of them are Indie games? Sony has a tendency of announcing lots of things and they most of the game are either cancelled, delayed or take 3+ years to finally get released. Drive Club & Watch Dogs are already delayed. I might pre-order AC4 though, as I like the new direction they are trying to take with the series. Teh best game coming out between now and the end of the year isn’t even on the PS4 or XB1. It’s called “South Park: The Stick of Truth.” It’s going to be epic and outsell everything on the XB1 and PS4.

#2 1 year ago
  3. pcbros

@1 – Nintendo might as well make a video and place $299.99 with free game ;)

I’m pretty sure people will buy whichever has their prefered games. Noticed how I didn’t say, “best” games… that doesn’t exist.

Price is important but not the most important factor in a gaming console.

Btw, I noticed you said in another thread that you bought X Rebirth, do you have or recommend any other space flight sims? I haven’t played one since Tie Fighter vs X-Wing and Wing Commander. Since Star Citizen, I’ve been looking into getting back into those types of games.

Actually, I wish we had more space flight sims on consoles.

@2 – I need inFamous and Uncharted before I take the plunge. For the Xbox One I need Forza and Halo.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Erthazus

So far Ps4 is the best place to waste your money because despite good price it has no games right now.

My inFamous:SS could be a reason to buy PS4… So it’s going to be next year probably.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Arcnail

Wow.. that music is annoying.

Beyond that.. I still have a hard time seeing why I would spend any money on either of these next gens when both their lineups at release are so poor.

I think they should lay off the indie game stuff. While they are a nice option to have, they are more a bonus then a real reason to get a new console.

#5 1 year ago
  6. pcbros

For me, 2014 will be the best time to buy one of these consoles. I’m expecting a slight price drop (or a free bundled game) and a much better line-up.

Also, any hardware/software bugs will have been resolved…

#6 1 year ago
  7. CyberMarco

Didn’t catch the remote-play thing. Is it only supported through WiFi even in the same room, or can you do it like the PSP, with local network?

Mandatory!

#7 1 year ago
  8. polygem

oh boy, the music. i hate sony ads so much. so unrelaxed, so try hard cool…hey sony, not only teenagers are interested in games. i liked destiny, rime, knack, the order, the indies. nothing but some of the indies available at launch. sorry, not enough ‘place to play’ for me. well i can still watch this cool trailer over and over untill i get excited :(

#8 1 year ago
  9. Legendaryboss

Nerd!
    ;)

#9 1 year ago
  10. BurritoZ

Good video but have to agree with the others the music sucked. The exclusives is what is going to make the Ps4 a better gaming console Imo. Don’t get me wrong I like Xbone also but I just hope they don’t give up bringing out exclusives for it after 4-5 years like they did with the 360.

#10 1 year ago
  11. polygem

@9. it’s just…it makes me mad

#11 1 year ago
  12. zinc

Oh man, i’m pumped son! That was sick bruv! What was that beastly track that dropped bombs all over that vid!?

Seriously, I rather enjoyed it.

#12 1 year ago
  13. noamlol2

nah the current exclusives are trash

no demon’s souls 2=no buy

also, why should i buy a limited piece of hardware with locked marketplace
    accesories,and a 50$ per year online service that’s gonna suck next to steamworks anyway?

i’ll just wait and see the steambox prices and decide for myself
    the current graphics of the PS3 looks like garbage outside sony exclusive games
    and the FPS on gta V is so chuppy it sometimes looks like it’s 20FPS

#13 1 year ago
  14. Legendaryboss

@Zinc
    Song name is Tough Rider by Universal Trailer Series.

Can’t find that anywhere on youtube, so listen to it fully here:

#14 1 year ago
  15. polygem

aha…tough rider u say

#15 1 year ago
  16. Legendaryboss

@Polygem

#16 1 year ago
  17. fearmonkey

@3 – Actually your right, Nintendo should do that :)

I haven’t bought X:Rebirth yet, it’s not coming out till Nov 15th, the same day as the PS4, so it may get pushed off a bit. I’ll probably end up getting it next year or so, depending on what I am playing on PS4 and PC.
    It’s definitely on my list though :)

Unfortunately thats the issue, there isnt any decent space sims these days. X:Rebirth is the first good one to come long in quite awhile (the other X games werent the same type of game) and Star citizen is a long ways off.

A good place to look is http://spacesimcentral.com/ they seem to keep track of the best stuff out and coming out, and indie games.

There are some older games and mods for games like Freespace, Free lancer that are descent, but there isnt any big polished titles.
    My hope is that Space sims will see a resurgence thanks to Star Citizen. EA owns the Wing Commander brand and the only thing they have done is release a crappy XBLA game. Someone just bought the rights for Freespace months ago, so it could be born again.

I’d love a Wing Commander reboot, a next gen version of the original.

#17 1 year ago
  18. pcbros

@17 – Thanks the info :)

I remember the good ol’days. Playing Super Mario World on my SNES and Day of the Tentacle/Wing Commander on my PC.

Hopefully this next generation will push more flight sim games and less FPS games.

#18 1 year ago
  19. Playmaker

Crap indies should not count. Don’t for me.

So exclusive 2014 WD content?!?! Awesome!! I’ll just enjoy the game in 2013 …. Oh wait.

Sony is always over promising and under delivering. But at least The Fog 1886 … The Order 1886 looks ok.

#19 1 year ago
  20. TrickyAudio

Just want to play it now. NOW.

#20 1 year ago
  21. dontbescaredhomie92

Best place to play nothing maybe, pretty weak when you have to use several indie games as a key incentive.
    I’ll buy one when it actually offers something worthwhile.

#21 1 year ago
  22. eddy27

180 games in development and I wouldn’t bet against 160 of those being indie games that no one cares about.

#22 1 year ago
  23. Javinator

They need to be more specific…

It’s “The Best place to play 1980′s styled 8-bit graphic INDIE Games”

#23 1 year ago
  24. TheWulf

A whole three seconds devoted to indie games, in a two and a half minute long advert. Yep, indies are sure feeling the love from Sony, there. See, this is exactly what I expect — fleeting mentions at best.

I’m thinking they’re probably glad that GoG and Steam still have their back. They tend to get a little more than a throwaway three seconds of fame there (quite a bit more). I think that this is why indies haven’t had too much of a permanent home on consoles, because they really are an after-thought compared to the big budget titles.

Kind of sad, really.

You’d think they would have given those who signed into timed exclusivity more than three seconds.

And #24′s attitude (he’s clearly never bought an indie in his life) is exactly what I’m talking about as to why indie titles just don’t sell on consoles. There’s no interest there whatsoever for them, and there can’t be any interest in them if the console manufacturers are so bad at advertising them.

It’s just a circular affair — a lack of interest which isn’t helped by almost non-existent advertising, and the lack of interest means that Sony and microsoft don’t want to advertise. Just… bad vibes, all around.

#24 1 year ago
  25. Lv01

@25, if u listen to everyone else on the threads tho, its all sony seem to go on about!
    i actually think theyre doing a good job of mixing their message. telling all the individual aspects of what their proposition is.
    at least its more of a mixed and diverse message than that of microsoft.
    im really excited for the indies on PS4. hohokum is a must, for instance. and im actually really happy contrast will now be part of the PS+ instant game collection from the word go (silver lining to the driveclub delay!)
    and then we get rime to look forward to!
    so, for me, im buying a PS4 partly for the indies, but as a lot of other people commenting here are bashing the indie message, that isnt a reason for others.
    each to their own!

#25 1 year ago
  26. Belazur

#4 Erthazus

Ah, I see.
    Dumbass Erthazus is back with his dumbass fanboy comments.
    Some things never change.

#26 1 year ago