Payday 2 ‘Loot Bag’ pre-order DLC now live for all, along with free Xbox 360 demo

Wednesday, 16th October 2013 11:20 GMT By Dave Cook

Payday 2 developer Overkill Software has announced that its Loot Bag DLC bundle – which was previously a pre-order only item – is now available to all. The studio has also rolled out a free demo on Xbox 360, with a PS3 edition set to follow soon.

In a press release sent to VG247 today, publisher 505 Games confirmed that the Loot Bag DLC bundle is out now on all formats at £3.39. It contains a unique red dot gun sight that can be used with all of the game’s rifles and shotguns, three new mask components, a skull mask that reads ‘I love Overkill’ and a stack of in-game cash.

The free demo is on Xbox Live now and throws players into the Bank Heist mission with all classes available. You can level up all the way to level ten, which is actually pretty generous.

Are you playing Payday 2? Let us know what you make of it here.

1. DSB

I’ve been playing it quite a bit. It’s a cleverly disguised tower defense game, and apparently most people suck at it. It reminds me of WoW. Getting a good group is like playing a whole other game.

But the progression system is easily the dumbest shit I’ve seen since the 90′s.

“Let’s roll dice for upgrades, gang!!!” – No. No. Let’s not. Let’s earn them, and have fun with them, like they do it in 2013.

Same with the server browser… Beyond satisfying some self-indulgent designers ego, why would you ever do that?

But it’s definitely a lot more fun than the original Payday, so maybe they’ll be less retarded with the next one.

#1 11 months ago
  2. YoungZer0

I got a few tight crews, so I never had any problems with the game. And how exactly is it like Tower Defense?

Maybe we all should play a round. A vg247 crew would be nice.

#2 11 months ago
  3. DrDamn

Yeah the reward system for cosmetic stuff and bonus cash is fine, but I’m level 28 odd and I still don’t have a silenced weapon available to me :(.

Not bothered with randoms play much at all but yeah the server browser is silly too.

@Article
    They don’t define “Stack of cash” any more clearly anywhere do they? How much is a stack?

#3 11 months ago
  4. DSB

@2 I don’t know if tower defense is the exact word maybe, obviously there’s no “tower”, but it’s definitely similar.

Most of your time is spent either defending a drill or defending your bags on the way to the escape.

And it reminds me of tower defense because if at least two people aren’t shooting – which happens a lot for some reason – and keeping the cops numbers down, then the game goes from simple to incredibly hard very fast.

Maybe “defense” or “survival” is the right word. Kinda like Killing Floor and to some extent CoD. If you play a CoD campaign on the highest difficulty, it becomes extremely important that you take out X number of enemies every time you pop out of cover, because otherwise you get overwhelmed. This gives me kinda the same feeling.

#4 11 months ago
  5. YoungZer0

@4: Naw, you just never had a tight crew. We usually pull off most of the heists on stealth. So there’s no real reason to defend any drill. The higher the level, the easier and faster it gets. Unless of course it’s that titan safe.

There are many details that make the game much smarter than people actually realize. For example if you trigger the alarm and the police comes running, do not shoot them unless they enter the building to free the hostages or attack you.

This will pro-long the arrival of the backup units.

The more hostages you have, the longer it takes for them to arrive and the smaller the waves are.

They don’t tell you stuff like this, but it’s there.

#5 11 months ago