Call of Duty: Ghosts will take up a whopping 50GB of drive space when installed on your PC, blocking installation of other games by the sheer weight of its many assets.
For comparison purposes, BioShock Infinite takes up 20GB minimum with 30GB recommended, Saints Row 4 is 10GB, and Battlefield 4 wants 30GB.
The hefty install size was revealed in the shooter’s PC requirements, which also include a surprisingly high-end minimum GPU. Here’s the full spec list, courtesy of Nvidia:
- Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
- RAM: 6 GB RAM
- HDD: 50 GB HD space
- Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
- Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
- DirectX: 11
- Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.
No word yet on how large the download will be for the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions, but it’s likely to be in the same ballpark. Ghosts is also coming to Wii U. Current-gen versions arrive on November 5, with next-gen versions due when the hardware launches later in the month.
Killzone: Shadow Fall is also a 50GB download. Maybe 50GB is the new 20GB?
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.